Project Daily Sigma (16V TU)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Daily Sigma (16V TU)
that engine is far from light Darren, it weighs more than a 1.9 MI16 and a 2.0 EW, the alloy TU 8v's are a lot lighter.

choccy teapot MA is lighter than a BE though which helps keep the weight less than an XUD I'd imagine.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
These engines really are bullet proof. You can chuck 300hp down their neck easily without even thinking about forging anything so you could turbo it. I know of a few that were done before or during my 106 days (2007-8) and are still about, as happy as a standard engine.
If you don't want to spend the money on a turbo setup (won't be cheap...my SC project cost £1500ish and that was a fairly cheap build minus the ECU), you could refit the cams and have a map on it if you can find one online or on the forums. The 106gti uses the same 1AP as the gti6 which can be remapped fairly easily with the right kit!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Wow amazing thst you've got it sorted. I feel so annoyed for you right now. What a choice...
Thanks given by:
Get it mapped to the cams dude Smile
Thanks given by:
Just get it mapped surely, even if it was just a fiddle to make it idle.

Or lash up a turbo to it, sure you got some pipework, oil lines and a fmic kicking about and map it for that!
Even at low VERY safe boost, could get 160bhp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Tbh on some cams, even with a proper map it will idle like a pig. I don't know much about these cams though so don't know how severe they are.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
on a single inlet thats quite true, also the wilder you go the more static compression you need to a certain degree.

ph3's arent particularly wild though, especially if they fit in a stock engine, though I'd bet not many are timed uo on a dti properly.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2014, 07:31 PM)welshpug Wrote: that engine is far from light Darren, it weighs more than a 1.9 MI16 and a 2.0 EW, the alloy TU 8v's are a lot lighter.

choccy teapot MA is lighter than a BE though which helps keep the weight less than an XUD I'd imagine.

I'm sure there are lighter engines deffo..1.8 etc...however, people always tell me how this engine is not light at all / no better blah blah...but honestly..it makes me giggle..this engine + box + all other parts, you can manhandle on your own...its like a go kart engine, XUD is fookin deadweight on the floor... I dont know what the book says / how they are meant to be similer weight, but trust me, a COMPLETE XUD ready to drop in a car is FAR heavier than a complete TU ready to drop in car...It really is simple as that in my books?!

(09-12-2014, 08:17 PM)Niall Wrote: Tbh on some cams, even with a proper map it will idle like a pig. I don't know much about these cams though so don't know how severe they are.

Heh yeah for sure, these are ph3's so far as you can go on standard pistons....which other people claim to run fine...

The only explanation I have, is that they are running verniers, and adjusting cam timing (and likely loosing power) to achieve an idle... Thats the only way I can think  there doing it...

I must admit, I didnt realise the cams were making quite such a difference, it really is a different engine now...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I struggle to shift a 78 kg alloy 8v xu, bollocks to lifting one, and I know the tu5 is nearer 100!

I weigh 65 mind.
Thanks given by:
Will stick it in the bullock weigh crate at some point if its ever out, be interesting to compare real world weights between..Infact still have the 1.6 8v that came out, so will weight that with box. I'm telling you though, its lighter, alot lighter Tongue
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
(09-12-2014, 09:01 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote:
(09-12-2014, 08:17 PM)Niall Wrote: Tbh on some cams, even with a proper map it will idle like a pig. I don't know much about these cams though so don't know how severe they are.

Heh yeah for sure, these are ph3's so far as you can go on standard pistons....which other people claim to run fine...

The only explanation I have, is that they are running verniers, and adjusting cam timing (and likely loosing power) to achieve an idle... Thats the only way I can think  there doing it...

I must admit, I didnt realise the cams were making quite such a difference, it really is a different engine now...

To be honest mate, without just blatantly slagging off 106owners (ok, so i kind of am), a lot on them on there, their idea of running well and idling is substantially different to most of ours. I bet a lot with PH3s in their engines on stock mapping and timing just put up with it and think it sounds more racecar when its struggling to idle.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
or just adjust throttle for a 1500rpm idle!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2014, 09:18 PM)Niall Wrote:
(09-12-2014, 09:01 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote:

To be honest mate, without just blatantly slagging off 106owners (ok, so i kind of am), a lot on them on there, their idea of running well and idling is substantially different to most of ours. I bet a lot with PH3s in their engines on stock mapping and timing just put up with it and think it sounds more racecar when its struggling to idle.

Heh, thing is I have no issue with it struggling to idle, the the issue is just the fact that it WOULDNT idle, no matter what simply no idle...lumpy / chronic idle is fine / win in my books, but no idle at all gets old fast!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
(09-12-2014, 09:11 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Will stick it in the bullock weigh crate at some point if its ever out, be interesting to compare real world weights between..Infact still have the 1.6 8v that came out, so will weight that with box. I'm telling you though, its lighter, alot lighter Tongue

don't know about the 16v 1.6 but the 8v is tiny compared to an xud9te, feels half the weight in the handling Imo Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I know Ricky P can get them to idle with newmans ph3 cams without being mapped, but he'll then get them mapped by Wayne Schofield.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, that's gotta be adjusting the cam timing then to get them to idle.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Just sell me the cams for my saxo and jobs a good un.

If you want reliability don't tune it.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
What are you offering?
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
I don't do offers fella as I tend to insult people. Best to inbox me a price and we'll haggle from there?

Ideally I was holding out for some catcam 743's but if these are the the right money...
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Oh well if thats the case you arnt going to offer what there worth Tongue

No worries.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
(09-12-2014, 07:28 PM)Ruan Wrote:

That would appear to have answered that question.

Looks slow, noisy thing. Blush
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2014, 01:33 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Oh well if thats the case you arnt going to offer what there worth Tongue

No worries.

I dont expect them for £50p but they are second hand so surely you can be expecting the £300 that they are new?

Im not one of these derv bumboys that expect to pay nothing for top quality product. If they are worth it and i have the cash i will buy them.

Inbox is open...
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2014, 02:42 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:
(10-12-2014, 01:33 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Oh well if thats the case you arnt going to offer what there worth Tongue

No worries.

I dont expect them for £50p but they are second hand so surely you can be expecting the £300 that they are new?

Im not one of these derv bumboys that expect to pay nothing for top quality product. If they are worth it and i have the cash i will buy them.

Inbox is open...

Like I said...make me an offer, my inbox is open also...No of course I dont expect 300 for them... 

Im not a derv bumboy who wants everything for nothing either...If you took the time to read my project you will quite obviously find that....I just do most things myself to save the money I need to save to justify it... I'm not a "Derv Bumboy" whatever one of those is?!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Haha the "derv bumboy" bit won't have been aimed at you Darren, it would much more likely be aimed at me! lol

Another vote here for mapping it, not least since the other option is pretty much to bin the project.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Dervwhatboy??!!.... Someone's looking to get a can of whupass opened on them Wink
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Shouldn't take things so personally! When I say derv bumboy I'm just generally taking the mick out if this whole derv mafia thing. But mainly I mean piggy tbf.
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Woh woh woh woh.

How am I not meant to take offence!?!?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
wtf does woh mean?

calm down kids, its only the internet!
Thanks given by:
i think a warning for insulting the "family" . . . . . .may be in order . .Wink
Thanks given by:
Erm... Woh!?

As in "wooooh boy"
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project car-now the DAILY!!! bashbarnard 125 50,542 12-03-2017, 09:31 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  New 306 daily project custom-decals2012 2 2,101 30-07-2016, 11:22 AM
Last Post: P-Courty
Thumbs Up 306 estate. Daily that became a project danmartin123 2 2,883 04-03-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: danmartin123