Breakdown cover

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breakdown cover
Who you guys with and what are you paying?
Also do you go personal or on your car?

I've been with RAC for few years and just noticed when the renewal came through they've been bumping it up about a £10er a year but claim I'm getting a huge membership discount

So phoned them up and said you're too expensive I'm leaving, that got it down from £123 to £105. Still seems like alot. Tried AA & Greenflag but no better.
Then remembered about cash back sites, now i'm going to use that along with the rac "online discount" to get Roadside + recovery for effectively £52 as I don't need homestart.
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
I always go with RAC in all fairness. Had the AA come out to me once with my old work car and they were more than useless (although in all fairness when they came out a few months back to change a burst tyre, they were here in 20 mins). RAC have always been very good for me!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Im currently with rac, work offer a cashback scheme for online shopping. I got my cover for £90 but £50 cash back.
First time ive ever bought cover.
I got personal and forward travel.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Rac cover through my insurance policy got it for £85 iirc and it's not gone up that I've noticed
Thanks given by:
Free Green Flag with my bank account. Covers me and the mrs.

Arrived in 35min on the M5 when I needed them Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I've used both and have had lots of experience with the AA when I had the Clio.
Both are good though AA edged it for me based on speed of arrival and I had all the bell's and whistles on the policy too. Paid £78 for the first year and then they tried to get me to pay around £150 on renewal because I had exceeded my 'number of allowed callouts'

Anyway, now on my dads AA policy as he has been with them for 30 odd years and they offered to add me onto the policy for £5. Look into that if someone else you live with already has cover.
Thanks given by:
Mines free with my graduate bank account. I pay £7 a month for legal advice, mobile phone insurance, interest free overdraft and rac car cover
Thanks given by:
same here, green flag with the breakdown cover on my bank account..

pay £16 per month for all the benefits, a whole load of discounts (ones that can actually be used by normal people too) mobile, euro/worldwide travel, and breakdown cover (recovery from somewhere within 300miles to house, then from house to garage the next day if your garage is closed at the time of recovery)

never taken more than 45minutes
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
I'm still on my parents AA membership which is sub £200 pa for 4 of us for Relay with free homestart.

Need to get my own policy now actually. could of got it stupid cheap with my home insurance this year (like £20 for relay) and I'm pretty sure theres a discount scheme through work.

AA have always been good to me apart from when I've told them they wont be able to fix my car at the roadside or get it on a dolly so just send a flat bed and they send a van first to confirm that I'm telling the truth and so I have to wait another hour for a flatbed. Or when they sent a flatbed to tow my car off the motorway to the nearest services to drop me off to put on another flat bed before deciding that actually it was the first flat bed that was gonna take me home and we were 20 miles further from home than I had started and 2 hours down the line.
Thanks given by:
With the AA I pay £50 a year for full road side recovery (and assistantance) from anywhere in the UK to anywhere in the UK, limited to 7 recoveries a year (IIRC).

Covers me in any vehicle.

Well worth the money.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Another +1 for AA, been spot on each time they've come out and comes free with my bank account
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm with AA, part of a package with my bank account, only Homestart and Roadside though, no Relay, and they wouldn't let me exchange Homestart for it. Still, £15 a month includes that, mobile phone insurance, travel insurance, home emergency cover and ID fraud cover, so not bad. In fact, come to think of it if you pay in £750 a month it's only £10, so that's what I actually pay.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I'm with RAC, rescue and recovery for me in any vehicle, think it was about £60 this year.
Thanks given by:
I'm with AA and have their breakdown repair cover too - that's more than paid for itself in the last few years !

I pay £36 for both me and the Mrs and have everything.
Thanks given by:
Britannia.
£60ish IIRC.
Covers me and mrs in any car we are in.
Also included is my daily specifically, so anyone else driving that (which happens).

Have been with them for a decade or slightly more. Have used them average once every 2 years I'd say for various issues.

Have never seen a britannia truck. They always send out someone local to the breakdown so it's always fast.

My mate got fantastically pissed around by the AA.
He ended up in a hotel 40 mins from home cos the truck driver was out of hours lol Tho at least it was a 4 star !!
Mainly because they never listened to him in the first place when he said he needed a flat bed and they sent out a van followed by an engineer to assess and finally the flatbed.

I've found britannia listen to me and I get the service I need.
If I say I need a flatbed, one turns up without faffing.
Thanks given by:
Britannia as above - I can't fault them whatsoever on the few occasions that I've needed them over the years ThumbsUp

Their top cover level includes full European cover as well regardless of vehicle age, which is a huge bonus as most of the other mainstream companies won't cover cars over 10-15 years old typically. Never had call to test the European part of the cover mind you.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Breakdown Cover Toms306 14 4,562 03-06-2018, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Iceman299
  Best Breakdown Cover Eeyore 47 8,283 09-03-2017, 09:42 PM
Last Post: chylledapps
  Breakdown Cover? JTaylor2005 44 6,946 17-03-2016, 04:32 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005