Insurance company taken £190 for nothing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insurance company taken £190 for nothing?
So checked my bank balance and Elephant have taken £190 for no reason, which has put me into a negative balance

I paid £1350 for my premium in one go, and later £17.50 to change to a private reg. but they've also taken £190 and not contacted me as to why

Going to ring them tomorrow but does anyone know what it might be for? Or any similar experiences?

No points or anything like that either

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Sure they haven't sent you an email about it?

Maybe something to do with the crash you had?
Thanks given by:
Didn't even send me my policy documents by email to the Address I asked them to

Also with a new company now so I don't know how my smash would affect them? As I told them the cost in full
Thanks given by:
I had sonething alnost the same. I cancelled my motorbike insurance last year and for a few months they had renewed and carried on the policy despite me ringing and saying dont. They eventually gave my money back as they admitted fault. These things do happen sometimes. To be fair they were very apologetic
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2014, 09:45 PM)rtha6551 Wrote: Didn't even send me my policy documents by email to the Address I asked them to

Also with a new company now so I don't know how my smash would affect them? As I told them the cost in full

Sounds like they've got the wrong address so may've tried to contact you.

Think you're just gonna have to phone them and ask tbh.
Thanks given by:
To be honest, most of them are set to automatic renewal now, putting the onus on you to ensure it's cancelled if your business is going elsewhere.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
That is true, but they do check a few times with emails and phone calls before actually doing it (or at least Admiral do, same company!). I would doubt his premium has dropped from £1300 to £200 though!
Thanks given by:
He said he is with a new company though now, so elephant shouldn't be taking anything.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Cleared this up with them this morning, the payment was because details I put in didn't match earlier quotes on their systems regarding modifications

Please don't start lecturing me as my mods are now declared at a cheaper price than I was initially quoted

Smile
Thanks given by:
i would still check the address, they should have sent you notification..

how were they to know you hadnt removed the modifications.. hence the quote without them for example..
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(28-06-2014, 09:09 AM)toseland Wrote: how were they to know you hadnt removed the modifications.. hence the quote without them for example..

This! I run hundreds of quotes with different mods, as well as different cars/engines etc... Doesn't mean I'm gonna go with all of the mods! Confused
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Company Vehicle Tax 306carter 5 1,334 28-03-2016, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Niall
  injector refurbishment company Chris_90 15 4,044 01-09-2014, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Ruan
  Best insurance company PugRory 8 1,543 06-08-2014, 10:23 AM
Last Post: DAN@ADRIAN FLUX