Hdi gearbox

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hdi gearbox
Me a pugmanxud have decided to go scrap diving. The car we were gonna strip clean has sadley been crushed Sad will 406 hdi box work if its off a dw10 engine. Im worries about mounting points to be fair. Need a load of bits so gonna be down scrappy a lot soon. So if it doesnt fit or thete is doubt I wont bother.

Also on a sorta similar note I want to swap to the old push type clutch as well. Whats needed for this??
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Anybodies?!
Thanks given by:
told you id got a thread up bro. someones gotta know. i know the rods will be ok for your build mate
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Good o! From a bit of googling it would appear the 406 110BHP has the MLT5 gearbox with hydro clutch and DMF and the 90 brake has the MLT4 box with NON DMF and manual clutch. It is deffo the 90 brake car at the scrappers by the tax bracket on the disc.
Thanks given by:
If the box does fit, and is a normal push type clutch, you need to change the clutch arm and add a bracket to the 'box to make it pull type for an XUD.

I thought all 406s were hydraulic clutch though. But if the 90 isn't, its easy enough to tell, 90bhp models don't have an intercooler, 110bhp models do.
Thanks given by:
I want to make mine push type. So flywheel of hdi? With clutch and cable and pedal??

Ill also check brinklys as the.ol boy said he had a 406 in too
Thanks given by:
Oh I see, my bad.

You need a push type cable and clutch kit obviously. The pedal is the same so that's fine. I'm pretty sure the flywheel is also the same size.
Thanks given by:
Fair play. Ill pull a flywheel off when I remove the box anyway. Hate push type clutchs worse invention ever.
Thanks given by:
I hate re-fitting the gearbox with pull type! Took me and SRowell several hours to get the bugger lined up right! Confused
Thanks given by:
I know hence the conversion while doing the box. Have done sevral pull types at work and they are all a pain
Thanks given by:
Tbf, it was the first I'd done, and after that don't wanna do another!! Done plenty of push types without issue lol.
Thanks given by:
push may be easier but pull type will hold more power, how often do you plan on having the box of for it to be an issue?
new clutch when your changing boxes should last a long time!
Thanks given by:
The thinking is im probably gonna chuck a rod on my dhy so ease the change if it happens
Thanks given by:
If you get an hdi box...it will be push type anyway...so just need the clutch

But as said, pull type holds more power

There is a guide in guides section of how to convert hdi box to pull type Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Its easy to convert to pull type. Id just rather have a box that was easier to pull on and off engine easy. Im never gonna run big power as its family car. Plus I have to put the box on myself which makes life just a little harder with pull type
Thanks given by: