[GORE] Lesson 1: wear kneepads...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[GORE] Lesson 1: wear kneepads...
Just to show you lot the state of my knee after a little crash yesterday! As always it's the little ones that catch you out!

Having just done a good 10/12 miles and hitting bigger stuff than this, I decide to do another run having just jumped the tabletop not two minutes prior, however this time things didn't quite go to plan. All got a bit out of shape mid air, front wheel slid out as I landed and went straight down onto my right knee. At first it didn't feel too bad, and one of the other riders shouted over to ask if I was okay, I stood up and shouted that I was fine. However I then looked down and promptly said that I wasn't fine!

What stood before me wasn't pleasant, while it might have been my knee, it was a bit of my knee that I didn't want to see, my kneecap!

I looked back to where I'd not so gracefully landed and realised what it was that I had landed on... slate! Well that explains a lot, hard and sharp, not good!

All fine now after a trip in an Ambulance, plenty of gas and air, local aesthetic, morphine and 9 stitches! I think it must be karma after looking at some kneepads the other week and deciding that I didn't 'kneed' them (oh dear, terrible pun!)

[attachment=17130]
[attachment=17131]
[attachment=17132]
[attachment=17133]
[attachment=17134]
Thanks given by:
Is that your kneecap??
Thanks given by:
(25-06-2014, 11:20 AM)r3k1355 Wrote: Is that your kneecap??

Indeed it is!
Thanks given by:
Dam that impressive injury. If your gonna do it. Do it right
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Flol did a proper job of that!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Thats f*cking impressive mate and a reminder that I should wear mine more often but I just can't get my head round wearing pads after managing to chip a chunk off the bone of my lower arm at my elbow WHILE wearing decent elbow and forearm pads. My head says they make no difference and in this weather its far more comfortable without them.
Thanks given by:
Fair does that looks f*cking brutal! Good effort!

Hows it feeling now or are you still dosed up?
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
That looks tasty. Friend of mine had the back wheel slide out on him at the weekend, not even a proper crash but managed to put his foot down wrong and it dislocated and snapped his ankle. So easy to do yourself some damage, sometimes the bigger crashes arent as bad as you know its going wrong and youve got a little more time.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(25-06-2014, 12:30 PM)Slam Wagon Wrote: That looks tasty. Friend of mine had the back wheel slide out on him at the weekend, not even a proper crash but managed to put his foot down wrong and it dislocated and snapped his ankle. So easy to do yourself some damage, sometimes the bigger crashes arent as bad as you know its going wrong and youve got a little more time.

[Image: Photo033.jpg]

hit a bump and had a little tank slapper on a crosser, on a dual carriage way, at 50mph... left right left right.. air haha threw me over the handlebars, landed on all fours

i had motorbike gear on... full, hard armored leathers.. the knee tore on a cats eye, which also incidently broke my femur, then proceeded to grind down my knee and kneecap.. you cant really see it greatly in the picture but you can see the kneecap in the dark red bit..

i still have the Xray of my leg somewhere..

got moaned at in the ambulance because A, i didnt want them cutting my boots off.. and B., i wanted to take some pictures, but they wouldnt let me

not to mention they cleaned the fking thing with Iodine and a scrubbing brush.. more painful than having my femur reset.. gas and air Heart Big Grin
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh D: D: D:
Thanks given by:
did this like 2 years ago on my road bike, it wasn't fun lol

[attachment=17142]
Thanks given by:
Well I'm glad I don't ride one of them dangerous bicycles! Confused

(Should also point out the description was enough for me, I didn't look at the pics lol)
Thanks given by:
Sweet
I remember when i came off my scooter at 60mph and ripping the side of my hips skin off
No pic tho but looked brutal

Hope it heals well
Thanks given by:
That is proper gory but i still think its impressive haha. Glad your on the mend mate.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Ouch! I recommend fox launch pro pads. Been using mine weekly for over a year and they're still in decent condition. Saved my knees on afew occasions aswell!
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
**awaits pictures of dans cyborg arms**

That's f*cking nasty dude, could have been worse though!!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
could have been about 14inches higher..... ouch =D
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Grim! I'll stick to doing silly stuff in a gym with a foam pit and crash mats personally Tongue

Echo Matt though, where's Dan! when you need him?
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Ouch dude!

Did something similar when I was a kid, down to the bone like that, healed really well though, only got a tiny scar
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Cheers lads.
Unfortunately off to the doctors later, lots of redness and heat which I was told could be the first sign on infection! Hopefully its not but better to play it safe!
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2014, 02:06 PM)Carlos182 Wrote: Cheers lads.
Unfortunately off to the doctors later, lots of redness and heat which I was told could be the first sign on infection! Hopefully its not but better to play it safe!

bloody hell dude that hurts..........and I'm only looking at it!!
Thanks given by:
I think the lesson should be don't do any form of sport.

Just lift weights.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tyre wear on track bashbarnard 36 4,392 01-06-2016, 01:52 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Rear beam wear Janne L 17 1,926 19-01-2015, 10:33 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  We could all learn a lesson from this guy ;)... Lwilliams 19 2,527 26-01-2014, 09:26 PM
Last Post: Poodle