STOP WACKING MY CAR!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STOP WACKING MY CAR!!!
RANT:

Why do people think its

1) ok to park SO fricking close to my car
2) to use my car as a guide to when they cannot open their door anymore??

Seriously....every week I have a new little "car park ding"

I park out of the way of everyone else, and often right up tight to a tree or hedge or trolley port so I have like a metre of room the other side.

Yet each week when I wash it, theres another freaking dent from a door or handbag etc

My mates often park across two spaces to avoid this...I used to think they were right arses...now Im thinking its the smart thing to do!

You wouldnt drive across someones lawn just because you could...so why smack my car with your freaking door you pretentious selfish stuck up snotty nosed fat pompous Audi driving cockeral!

If I catch someone ever doing it to my car I will go all the way with insurance to teach them a freaking lesson in respect for other peoples property.

I would rather let all their tyres down...but y'know the law and all that!

AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

Which brings me to my other rant....

Why do people;

1) choose to drive in a space because they dont like reversing' and because 'well its quicker'...which then involves them reversing in and out for 5minutes to get it in the space and to get it straight...then reversing into a car/bike/child when leaving the space?

2) forgot HOW to fricking park!!!!!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
1. I think you moan a little too much.
But 2. I do completely agree! I do part other side of car park and take up 2 spaces becuase of this reason!
I caught someone who actually dinted my door with theirs and they did end up giving me money as much arguements!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If there are plenty of spaces in a car park, I always park as far away from the shops etc as possible, and across 2 spaces.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I don't think its the 'Audi wankers' doing it tbh, its usually people with shit old cars that don't care about them....my Dads a good example of that. lol

Tbh, I often park in tight spaces close to the shop to save walking distance....often see people bash the car as I'm walking back to it....so I just do the same back lol, best thing about owning shit, old cars tbh....after 15 years of previous owners theyre usually full of dings anyway.

You have to remember that to most people a car is just a lump of metal to get from A to B that they genuinely don't care about... And people seem to struggle to perceive things from someone elses point of view or show consideration towards anyone else...
Thanks given by:
Some wanker did it to my 307 at work, both sides have really noticeable dents. im going to buy a shit heap that they will be scared to park next too.

They have also chipped the roads and put up a 20mph limit why can drivers stick to it and not fire stones all over my car
Thanks given by:
Yep I've been sitting in my car several times before when people have just blatently smashed their doors into mine. Had an argument with some woman who argued back and said oh it doesn't matter, its only a Kia anyway! As much as this frustrated me because she really missed the point, she had a point...
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
i always make a point of parking dead center of my space...

if i see someone parked like a tosser (you know the ones, in at an angle, half caring about the white line) etc.. i always make a point of parking so close you couldnt get a pube in between the gap and their car..). am i wrong for doing this?

2 things that REALLY grip me,

1. non bikers parking in motorbike only bays
2. people parking in parent and child parking spaces with no kids in the car...

re number 2, had an arguement with some middle aged woman the other day in my local sainsburys., (had my 4year old in the car), she parked up, got out alone, and went to leave.. i suggested nicely that it was a P+C space, she said she was only going to be a minute, to which i explained that if she left her car there - i should point out that there were normal spaces about 15 yards along the spot - i would simply turn my car off and leave it there.. and we were going for dinner in the cafe and meeting my mum who was going to be 15 minutes.. so a good hour for lunch..

she wasnt happy, but offered to mvoe when i started to get out of the car to go in lol
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
^^^ Parent and child spaces LOL.
I'm always either picking up my "child and child seat" from the "ex missus" or dropping them off to her at tesco. Stops every single one of those arguments every time.

Those stone chip things annoy the hell out of me but if you drive the fastest you get sprayed the least and the signs are so small that you cant read the wording at the bottom at 70mph anyway.
Thanks given by:
I try to park with a space either side, because
1) my turning circle is crap so need enough space to correct it
2) big doors can make it tricky to get out and likewise I don't fancy much more dents

If I see a car with a baby seat in I avoid like the plague lol
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
maybe if you drove a real car, unlike that rover Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
If you haven't caught anyone doing it, then how the hell can you blame it purely on Audi drivers? Makes sense.

I don't have this issue because I don't park anywhere near anyone. Ever. You can't make people be considerate, so don't even give them a chance.
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2014, 09:48 PM)Curt Wrote: I don't have this issue because I don't park anywhere near anyone. Ever. You can't make people be considerate, so don't even give them a chance.

Neither do i. I will always park as far away from everyone as possible but still come back to find some prat next to me!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I had a audi driver this morning parked his car diagnally across the spot and it was still so close to my car! Im pretty sure they'd of hit my car, but you cant tell much difference atm.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Yeah why is it that when you park in the farthest corner of a car park at least 30 meters from any other car most of the time you come back and someone has parked in the space right next to you.

WHAT IS WITH THAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Thanks given by:
I agree with this completely I know we only drive 12+ year old 306s but it's our property we have some pride in our cars and its so disrespectful for someone to just smash there door against it. I work in a supermarket so it's so hard to put my car out the way when I have to leave it in the carpark all day.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I hate this, always park on the end of a row and miles away if at all possible.

My favourite is my local tesco, it's a multistory with two spaces squeezed between each pair of pillars, half the people in there just park in the middle (myself included). Epic fail on the part of whoever designed it!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Never understood driving forward into spaces either..Its easier to reverse in anyway! Plus I have massive blind spots in the van so reversing out is a game of chance. Back when I had cars worth caring about I used to park in a corner the minimise the chance of door dings.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
I just ask them politely not too hit it too hard as it might fall apart.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Did someone say audi drivers? Wink

Did someone say parent and child spaces? Wink
Thanks given by:
FLOL! All in one neat photo and of course provided by dum-dum lol
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2014, 03:51 AM)Pete Wrote: Never understood driving forward into spaces either..Its easier to reverse in anyway! Plus I have massive blind spots in the van so reversing out is a game of chance. Back when I had cars worth caring about I used to park in a corner the minimise the chance of door dings.

Agree'd....I think its just laziness, but as you say it makes it more difficult! Confused

Only exceptions are female parking (pulling through two spaces) or if you need to use the boot on the estate that would otherwise bash the car/wall/bollard behind lol.
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2014, 05:11 AM)pugmanxud Wrote: Did someone say audi drivers? Wink

Did someone say parent and child spaces? Wink

Great spot. THat bollard is worryingly close!
Thanks given by:
Whenever I pull up next to 2 cars in a car park space I take a picture of both regs that way if there is a colour swap incident I can prove who it is. Also as I dont live near town wenever I go to town I park in the same spots under cctv. I hate people that dink and dont say anything!!!
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
It's a car. It lives outside. It's worth less than a bag of sand.

Seriously, stop losing sleep over it. Unless you come back to find your car written off then just deal with it - life is too short!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
I love this rant, couldn't agree more. I always park as far away from the shops at the edge of the car park. Couldn't really care less when I was in the golf though...
Thanks given by:
Just check your car as you go to get in it, if you park up against a trolly bay then there's only one side to check.
It'd be pretty obvious if there was a dent, and pretty obvious if it belonged to the car next to you.

If so return the favour.
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2014, 08:48 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: It's a car. It lives outside. It's worth less than a bag of sand.

Seriously, stop losing sleep over it. Unless you come back to find your car written off then just deal with it - life is too short!

Yes it dies live outside and worth less than a bag of sand. but why spend ask the time and money taking care of your car for some inconsiderate knob to smash their car into it.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
I laugh when I see a car parked a mile away from a shop in two spaces, people worry too much.

I drive well over 20k a year, park all over the place & the only time i've ever had my car hit was Stansted airport Mcdonalds at 1am by an A6 full of Lithuanians. There was no damage & that was the end of it (TBF they could have caved the door in & i'd have not done anything, I would be dead by now!!)

I've got a dash cam with motion detect so if anything happens it'll more than likely be caught on camera anyway.
Thanks given by:
I always double park weather it's a £200 or 2 grand car

Spent my hard earned cash on my car.

My car is fb famous because of it my village have a fb page 2 cars double parked one was a brand new range rover one was my j reg 309

Few said they understand the new car doing it who would park the j reg like that

It's narrow minded people like them why I park like I do

It's not just older careless wankers that do it, kids getting out of cars may open the door too much by accident

I'm not going to cry over it but I would rather prevent it happening
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Happened to my car at work when I went in to get something quickly missus was sat in car and Audi driver (yes ironic eh?) pulled up whacked his door into my missus side and then did it again when he went back to get something. My missus being the not-to-keep-quiet type went irate on his ass. Asking why he felt the right to be able to smack into my car etc she called him every name under the sun, I come back out to hear of all this with him nowhere to be seen I wait a few minutes before taking a picture of his car to be hollered at "oi mate why you taking picture of my car?" At which time he starts arguing the fact that he didn't hit my car, my girlfriend was lying, also that if he did hit my car his 53 plate a3 2l fsi was worth more than my "pew-joe" (what a way to say it [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]) he continued without letting me speak. I then turned relaxed on him and went "ah don't worry mate got the pictures and I work here so I'll pull the CCTV footage" while pulling my work access badge from my pocket. I then barraged him with the standard "ill be sure to whack my toe bar into your car and slamming my doors into your precious Audi when I next see it and next time you come storming over telling me your car is worth oh so much how about you remember that is contradicting yourself when you're swinging the doors damaging your own so expensive car. Haven't seen him around since, may start taking my defender to work incase I do see him, it has a nice winch to be put on the front I could accidentally leave it and the hook on the swing through a window.

[Image: yneda4u9.jpg]
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by: