Second car

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second car
Any suggestions on a second car guys (and gals)?

I'm 19 just had a 1.1 206 for a year and its a little small and slow now
I'm after a larger hatchback /small saloon like a golf/bora/306/a3
budget is £1200
im not too sure on the engine size i want, will a 1.6 be noticeably more drivable than my 1.1?

I know the pugs that are available but apart from the common astra/golf/focus route i can't think of many more cars in this category anyone got any suggestions?
Thanks given by:
Seat cordoba but they're getting a bit old.
Thanks given by:
306 Rallye

/thread
Thanks given by:
You have to think power to weight rather than just engine size...a 1.6 306/Golf will probably be slower than your 1.1 206....

My second car was a 1.4 306....as was the first, and third. lol

Hang on, I thought you meant second as in 'following the first', rather than alongside the 206...? Confused
Thanks given by:
A 1.6 in the cars you listed won't set the world a light or be particularly interesting, but it'll be more refined and nicer to live with (IMO). Although if you can't afford a 1.8T, I'd personally wait until you can.

If you want to stay Peugeot, maybe have a look at a 306 XS as they're a nice balance between performance and affordability.
Thanks given by:
I bought my 306 XS 1.8 just before I turned 19 and loved it. They're extremely cheap now (I paid £3,100 for mine back in the day!) because they're getting old and nobody wants a petrol anymore. It was quiet, loved to be revved and bloody reliable. Not fast by any stretch, but good fun and probably one of the better 306s for being lighter and more fun to drive as a result.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Just fit a massive stereo, takes your mind off how slow and gay the car is for a while.
Thanks given by:
From a 206 1.1 almost anything is an upgrade.

I had a 1.4 306 and then went to my 1.8 which i still have now 3 years on!

I would recommend buying a 306 hdi as you remap it to 130hp with ease and it shouldnt cost you more than £800 for a decent one! Then you have money spare to modify it. For £1200 all in you should be able to stage 2 it and have 160hp.... all whilst doing 50mpg!
Thanks given by: