ECU mapping..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ECU mapping..
Not sure if this is the right place for this so may need to be moved mods..

Found these guys on my t'internt travels, anyone been to these guys? are they any good?

http://www.hdi-tuning.co.uk/ecu-remappin...uning.html
Thanks given by:
Yeah, one of the best around.
Pro steve he is on here.
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nice one, decent price too and plenty of info - looks solid Smile
Thanks given by:
Got a steve map on mine, well recommended by me and across the forum

Depending where you are I have the equipment to retrieve your standard map and upload the modified one Smile
Thanks given by:
I remapped mine with Steves map a week or so ago!
Well recommended by me!
Thanks given by:
Where abouts is this pro steve?

(12-07-2014, 02:35 PM)Mitch1793 Wrote: I remapped mine with Steves map a week or so ago!
Well recommended by me!
[Image: Cropped%20pic.png]
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
If you go to http://www.hdi-tuning.co.uk have a like about on there that's his website.
Thanks given by:
thanks for the website... It dosent say the location and did u have to take ur car to him as it says e mail the ecu data?HuhConfused

(18-07-2014, 10:41 AM)Mitch1793 Wrote: If you go to http://www.hdi-tuning.co.uk have a like about on there that's his website.
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
prob best to shoot them an email mate, i havent had one done yet....someone else maybe able to answer tho...

While were on the subject of remaps, the guy i bought my HDI from insists that it has a chip installed but myself and 3 other people have looked and cannot find anything that even looks like a chip so maybe he meant its been mapped - i unplugged the EGR and got loads better fuel economy and i *swear* it feels a lot pokier in the low gears so am thinking maybe it HAS been mapped...

my question is: is there any way of telling if my ECU has been mapped?
Thanks given by:
Josh, you can get a Galletto/KWP cable and read your map file, then email that to Steve/Whippy/JP and they email you a modified one back which you upload to your ECU using the same tool. If you're not keen/confident doing that you are welcome to visit them but it will cost a bit a bit extra to do so. I'm not sure on the locations though.

Matt, EGR is crap anyway, leave it unplugged lol. As for knowing if it's been mapped, time a 30-70 (in a safe way on private land obviously Rolleyes ) and compare it to others, that should show whether it's standard or mapped. Theres not really an easier way for normal people to check, though a mapper would be able to look at the file and tell.
Thanks given by:
ok cheers tom, im not confident so I will take it to them one day will e mail them about a price etc.

(19-07-2014, 10:08 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Josh, you can get a Galletto/KWP cable and read your map file, then email that to Steve/Whippy/JP and they email you a modified one back which you upload to your ECU using the same tool. If you're not keen/confident doing that you are welcome to visit them but it will cost a bit a bit extra to do so. I'm not sure on the locations though.

Matt, EGR is crap anyway, leave it unplugged lol. As for knowing if it's been mapped, time a 30-70 (in a safe way on private land obviously Rolleyes ) and compare it to others, that should show whether it's standard or mapped. Theres not really an easier way for normal people to check, though a mapper would be able to look at the file and tell.
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
Happy to have a look at the map if you like.

My maps are £50 until the end of the month on a special deal...
JP
Thanks given by:
Jammapic where are you located and do any1 know of place in scotland for map
Thanks given by:
I'm just North of Manchester... don't know of any up that way I'm afraid, though I can do remap via email? I've got a deal on at the moment too...

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Sorry sound stuid how does via email work and what prices thanks
Thanks given by:
At the moment, I'm running a £50 deal. You read the file off using MPPS or Galletto and then email me it, I modify the file and send it back.

If you don't have a cable, they are only about £25 and can be used again and again and again. If you pay within the period my deal is on (until Thursday) I will honour the remap when you get a cable and are able to send me it.

Alternatively, look around and see if someone else around your area has a cable (stick a post up on here), they should be able to do the read and the write for you.

JP
JP
Thanks given by: