Ph1 hdi conversion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ph1 hdi conversion
Right I know alot of people are going to say why bother but I want to put a hdi engine into my ph1 xsi. Right now it has a s16 engine in and I want it to be a bit more economical and like the idea of a hdi engine as i already have the engine from a 206.
My question is does the engine loom plug straight into the plugs near the radiator? Or up to the wiper motor?
I need to get a gearbox but can use the driveshafts from the s16
How easy would it be to wire in the Rev counter as it's a ph1 the plugs to the clocks are different
Need to change the filler neck in the fuel tank

Anything else I need to do the conversion??

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Think you would need the interior loom to a that's where the bsi etc is. Cant see it being the easiest conversion but certainly doable
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yea but surely if I can get the ecu unlocked I won't need the bsi unit??
My main concern is the Rev counter as there wasn't a ph1 hdi lol
Thanks given by:
Why bother? Itwasntme

Seriously though, use the engine loom, cabin loom and clocks, will be so much easier!
Thanks given by:
Whats different about xud clocks and hdi clocks?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Mechanical/electrical drive.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
My speedo is cable driven anyway. If I use ph1 dturbo clocks is there anyway to put In and wire in a dturbo sensor?
Thanks given by:
(21-06-2014, 06:01 AM)Poodle Wrote: Mechanical/electrical drive.

Oh yeah Undecided
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I used a Peugeot 406 sensor on the gearbox output, this has a mechanical and electrical connection which will keep the ECU happy. As for a rev counter, the ECU has an output but I doubt it will register on the old style clocks.
I've seen the original sensor mounted on the crank pull end and notches cut out of the wheel which works. There is also a way to get an output from an alternator.
Thanks given by: