Wont start right :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wont start right :(
Right for the past 3days now my car has not bin starting right from cold. It takes a good 10 to 15 seconds of turning it over for it too kick into life. It does not evan show any signs on kicking into life untill about 10 to 15 seconds of turning over. But i cant find any problems anyone got any idear please? Sad
Thanks
[Image: mintsig.jpg]
STAGE2 XUD DEAD ATM ENGINE REBUILD
GARRET T2-BOSCH PUMP-GROUNDED LDA PIN-GOV MOD-FMIC-STRAIT THRU STAINLESS EXHAUST SYSTEM
COMING SOON TD04 Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Glow plugs aren't working or you have an air leak on the fuel system allowing it to drain back to the tank, does squeezing the primer bulb until its hard before trying to start the car help at all?

If not I would say that you either have several dead glow plugs or the glow plug relay has packed up working Wink
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
ill give the primer bulb a blast and see what happends wheres the glow plug relay ?
GARRET T2-BOSCH PUMP-GROUNDED LDA PIN-GOV MOD-FMIC-STRAIT THRU STAINLESS EXHAUST SYSTEM
Thanks given by:
IIRC its the big black box bolted to the back of the battery tray with wires connected to it!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Oh that one its not on the back of my battery tray now its on the top of my gearbox just laying there oops :S
Thanks given by:
Lots of smoke too? If so glow plug time
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The glow plugs look brand new and yes lots of smoke haha.
Think av sorted it anyway my fuel pump was leaking i didnt tighten up all the allen keys bolts on the pump when i did the gov mod oops haha
Thanks given by:
its not sorted its still not starting right on a morning and its cutting out on me wile am driver any idears please help Sad
Thanks given by:
It's air getting in somewhere, check the hole fuel system for any leaks. Give the grenade a good squeeze and listen for any air.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wont start when warm HDIkyle 0 867 04-04-2014, 10:47 PM
Last Post: HDIkyle
  fitted new pump now wont start :( Tonibruce 27 8,810 15-09-2013, 06:34 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  Help 405 wont start/ turnover pug_dturb 3 1,299 16-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Last Post: andywhy