My Diablo '6 and my old Black '6 and my old blue DTurbo!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Diablo '6 and my old Black '6 and my old blue DTurbo!
Hi All,

Was around in the 306 community a few years ago (I can't keep away!) Went to the FCS two or three years ago with my Black GTi. I think it was with this club, as it wasn't with theywhoshallnotbenamed or the gti6 forum, someone may remember me?

Anyway couple of months back I was selling a motor and the guy turned up with too little cash hoping I'd barter down. I wouldn't so he had a choice of buggering off or convincing me to take his gti6 as P/X (A mate was supposed to drive it home). Didn't let on but I do have a soft spot for '6s!

Enough chat, bring on the pics...

[Image: IMG_2694-2.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2698-2.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2710-2.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2713-2.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2716-2.jpg]

These were taken after a 3 hour T-Cut and polish session. It was getting late hence the poor light. Hides those little imperfections though!

Only work I've done on it is all restoration work...
> The centre mirror was broken off, replaced that.
> Parcel shelf had 6x9 shaped holes in it, replaced that with a phase 2 standard.
> Had GTi door badges, but not rear badge, so debadged doors (I hate door badges) and bought a fresh silver badge for rear.
> Stereo had been fitted by an 8 year old. The aerial hadn't been wired (Needed custom plug making and a soldering iron!), and it sat in the hole wonky (Metal holder not fitted). Grabbed a spare metal holder from an old pioneer unit I have and job done.
> Air bag light on. Fixed with a bit of WD40 on sensor.
> Door hinges made that irritating clicking sound everytime they opened (Both sides). So had to custom make a bolt that was the perfect fit and then bore out a nut for tight fit. Then WD40 hinges (Result = Perfectly silent doors)
> Had a spare cyclone in the garage from years back, so now that's the spare! (5 cyclones is how I roll)
> Had these garish Halfords special pedals on. The brake extended out to the right and the accelerator to the left so you would catch the wrong one sometimes (and I haven't even got big feet!). So removed those, but the numbnuts had bolted them THROUGH the original pedals, so there's holes in the original pedals. But still looks better than those horrid Halfords things.
> New number plates (Had tacky Max Power ones on!). I've just given it some totally plain normal ones (Best mod so far!)
> The bits of plastic between front bumper and headlights was broken (Aren't they always?). It's split in two actually and can't be bothered to source a new one, but managed to use some invisible plastic adhesive to at least neaten it up.
> Replaced lightbulbs in near side main beam and both front fogs.
> Put the service history (Extensive but not full) into date order (I have paperwork OCD).
Ummm... think that's about it.

I've managed to convince SWMBO to let me keep it until at least Pugfest (Mid July right?) and after that I haven't decided what to do yet (What does everyone think?)

Oh and here's a couple of pics of my old 306s...

[Image: Pug_Driveway_2-1.jpg]

[Image: alldoors-1.jpg]

[Image: IMG00176201009151440-1.jpg]

Black GTi was epic it'd been owned by a gti6 forum member and had some decent mods, including full exhaust and some other stuff (can't remember, made 169bhp tho), suspension bits that made it handle even better. I red'd the brake calipers, fixed up the bodywork etc.

My old DTurbo-S was my student car. Pic is the only one I have left, it eventually had GTi skirts, cyclones and a debadge. It had a Derv Doctor Stage 1 tune as well. But their work was undone by my local garage who detuned it to pass emissions test!! It's still taxed according to DVLA so would love to know where it is now!!
Thanks given by:
Drool...
Thanks given by:
That '6 looks great!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(17-06-2014, 06:53 PM)DavidA Wrote: Drool...

Cheers!!

(17-06-2014, 07:20 PM)Tom Wrote: That '6 looks great!

The Black one was awesome, it's a shame I can't get any better pics. Had this awesome one where I'd got it sat on the side of some back road in the middle of nowhere underneath the arch of a rainbow! But these are the only ones left... Do regret selling it these days. I sold it because it needed a bit of work doing and I didn't have the money, but these days I earn a bit more so could've easily swung it!! Live and learn a?!

Also, got my Auris in at the stealers so this is my courtesy car. 1.33 VVT, WORST-CAR-EVER...

[Image: IMG_2733.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2734.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2735.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2736.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2737.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I love how original the diablo is! :-) was the fcs you went to Donnington? Donnington was our first fcs.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Some lovely 6's there mate Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Where in notts are you from? I'm from Eastwood and there's a few others very local. Fcs are doing another show "end of season expo" at donnington in october come along.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
(17-06-2014, 09:09 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: I love how original the diablo is! :-) was the fcs you went to Donnington? Donnington was our first fcs.

Umm, I think it was Donnington. The only person I remember was a lad with a blue/purple DTurbo with some huge bodykit on (May have been a Dimma) who wanted to sell up and move to Australia ??

(17-06-2014, 09:11 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Where in notts are you from? I'm from Eastwood and there's a few others very local. Fcs are doing another show "end of season expo" at donnington in october come along.

I actually live in Grantham but work in Nottingham in Netherfield. If I've still got the '6 in October I'll defo come along. Keep me in mind if we do any local meets anytime soon I'd be up for that.
Thanks given by:
Oh cool netherfield isnt too far from me. If you keep a eye out in the meet section ill be putting one up today or tomorrow but uts not so local to you in Grantham.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
(18-06-2014, 08:19 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Oh cool netherfield isnt too far from me. If you keep a eye out in the meet section ill be putting one up today or tomorrow but uts not so local to you in Grantham.

I might be able to tie it in with a shift at work. My patterns mean some days I finish @ 2PM, sometimes finish @ 4PM, sometimes 5PM and sometimes START at 2PM. So it wouldn't be a double trip!

I'll try and keep an eye out but if I miss it PM me!!
Thanks given by:
Had the '6 out a few days ago for the 70 miles round trip to visit the folks, so given her another full clean, polish and wax this evening (As I couldn't watch anymore football after the Italy/C.Rica game). Finally gotten around to doing the interior too, first time I'd cleaned it since buying it!! I found a filter, and some old tobacco, and even a beer bottle lid!

And third picture is my sweet little baby all tucked away in his/her (How do you sex a '6 ?) bed for the night !!Inlove InloveInlove
Thanks given by:
That's spanking! I really cant wait till I can get mine resprayed! Makes me really a want to out standard cyclones back on!

Heres mine.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Mate that's lush. Paintwork is really bright.
Thanks given by:
Going to be starting a project thread soon. But just wanted to wet the appetite and invite suggestions on my new long term project Black Rallye.

[Image: use1.jpg]

[Image: use2.jpg]

[Image: use3.jpg]

[Image: use4.jpg]
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Oh wow a rallye.
Ive decided when I find a new job I'm going to be saving up for a rallye, to the point where money wont be a problem. I want nothing more than a near mint cherry rallye and im happy to pay the price for it. :-)
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Cheers buddy. We need to do an East Midlands meet and you'll get 2 have a goose @ it in the flesh ;-)
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
There's a nottingham gridlock I 2 weeks loads of us will be there, add me on Facebook I'll send you details.
Kent Clifford
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
No Facebook mate! PM me!
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black Stage 1 HDi Dturbo E_KEL95 49 7,474 14-09-2014, 09:45 PM
Last Post: E_KEL95
  Diablo ph1 306 with black Nimrods Tyronnster 3 2,012 20-06-2014, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Orta
  My sigma blue phase 1 dturbo Curtis Prydderch 11 4,429 20-06-2014, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Orta