Locating a leak

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Locating a leak
Just watching wheeler dealers and seen a really cool and unusual tip when it comes to leaking cars.

What he did was put a smoke maching in the car with all the windows up and doors closed. So what would happen is when the car fills up with smoke it would leak out of any holes or gaps in the car so you can see where it's leaking from.

I thought that was a pretty cool idea Smile never know it could help anyone with a leak. You can't rent smoke machines or buy them pretty cheap.

Hope it helps someone if not you've learnt a cool way of finding leaks Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I tend to just look at where the water is running in LOL
Thanks given by:
on tv show that is good for tips was the Is Born series, the best one was when he builds a landy, but the mg one was great for bodywork tips.
Thanks given by:
just do a big juicy fart in the car, jump out and go round smelling for leaks . . . . . Wink
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(17-06-2014, 12:31 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I tend to just look at where the water is running in LOL

Haha true but if your not sure where it's originating from then it will work pretty well Smile just thought it could help someone
Thanks given by:
if you dont havce a smoke machine... you could fill the car up with water and see where it was leaking out...
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Ah that was the DB7 wasn't it? Must admit, I expect leaks in cheaply made French hatches, but not in a premium car! Confused
Thanks given by:
(17-06-2014, 02:55 PM)toseland Wrote: if you dont havce a smoke machine... you could fill the car up with water and see where it was leaking out...

Haha lol

(17-06-2014, 03:14 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Ah that was the DB7 wasn't it? Must admit, I expect leaks in cheaply made French hatches, but not in a premium car! Confused

Yeah it was the DB7 Tom Smile and that's what I was thinking, I would be pissed off if I spent that much money on a car and it was leaking!
Thanks given by:
(17-06-2014, 12:38 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: just do a big juicy fart in the car, jump out and go round smelling for leaks . . . . . Wink

we are not all like you Tongue
Thanks given by:
Or put a heater in the car and look at it with an infrared camera. Smile
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by: