Who wants to clean my pistons..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who wants to clean my pistons..
Wink

Need to figure out why the cuore is burning so much oil.
I think Grant and Liam said something about pistoonss maaybbee??
Anyone have any other Ideas?
Would generally love it fixed before Pugfest, but i dont see that happening.
Basically shes burning through oil quite fast, if revved hard enough (as seen at FCS), big cloud of smoke out the exhaust and spits a load of oil on the road.
Also noticed a lot of oil gathering in the throttle - possible being fed back through the breather pipe...Taken the pipe off for now and replaced with a filter
Any ideas, Would love to hear them...

Im sorry if what ive written sounds like I know nothing about cars - literally just writing what i think i remember people saying/what parts are called :L
Forgive me
French Wench
Thanks given by:
Is it definitely using oil? Have you had to top it up?

If not, my bet is still the fact you just had so much oil sitting in the throttle body, and that was what was causing the smoke.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Yeh, had to top it up after FCS again! Used a full 5 Litre bottle of oil in about 2/3 weeks
French Wench
Thanks given by:
Piston rings or valve guide seals. Both are a major engine in pieces job
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Fill with very thick oil and flog it on quickly.

[Image: SNF13TV4D--_1527318a.jpg]

As said, a 'proper' fix is going to cost more in labour than your car is worth, sadly.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2014, 03:48 PM)Niall Wrote: Piston rings or valve guide seals. Both are a major engine in pieces job

But you forget it's a 3 cyl. 6v. Could have it completely apart and back together again in 4 minutes lol
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
about the time it takes to make a brew then
Thanks given by:
in all seriousness it may be worth looking into the cost of a new engine. If you can pick one up for £100, it would then cost about £50 in fluids if that and you could have them swapped in a day!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Whabam?
http://www.silverlake.co.uk/breakers/det...hback/1576
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Um yeah, 1 litre upgrade http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DAIHATSU-CUORE...4ad2ac0100
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Needs the turbo lump.

/thread
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
£75 problem solved it'd cost more in bacon butty's then the motor

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/daihatsu-sirio...4ad626afbe
Thanks given by:
Put the sirion 1.3 or 1.5 engine in it. Both fit with a bit of jigery
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Well what do you know, the misses has vvt as well. Mint.

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Who knew engines were so cheap haha. Still got a risk of might be putting an engine in that has more problems than this one tho? Could end up with one that does exactly the same - as in burns oil, then £100 down the drain lol.
Also if I was to put a new engine in would maybe upgrade to a 1.3 for shits and giggles
French Wench
Thanks given by:
I was just about to point out that very thing with another used engine... You don't know what you could be getting in to. It could well be problem free... Or it could be the same, or worse. If possible, upgrading to a different engine which doesn't have that problem may be an option, or you may be better off sticking some rings/stem seals in your current one so you know it's sorted. Should be a piece of piss, at least.
Thanks given by:
before i worked for pug i done my apprenticeship for a company that sold daihatsu, proton and perodua. never really had any majour issue with the engines. if your concerned about getting a duff old engine. the one in the perodua kelisa is exactly!! the same same running gear same everything and they were made and registered right up untill late 2008 early 2009. id look for an engine from one of those. nice low mileage granny car thats had a smash and you should be laughing then. Also if you ever need an oil filter and are swinging by ipswich on your travels i have a genuine one sat in my box from my apprenticeship days. cant bring myself to throw it out. could be usefull. your welcome to it.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I'd say rings stuck stem seals or valve guides if no stem seals. XUD is the only way forward.
Thanks given by:
Rear engine xud ftmfw
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Zcar kit it!

Rear engine XUD or rear engine 1000cc bike engine it!
Thanks given by:
I suspect rings TBH

Best to buy a new engine for £100 strip it down and fit New rings so you know it won't go wrong then fit the New lump. I am more than happy to help do this and I'm off a few days before or after Pugfest.

I'd seriously consider if you want the 1.3 lump or any other work while it's apart.
Thanks given by:
We'll fix it next time you are down, only take a day if we get the parts sorted beforehand.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Sounds good Poodle. Steve did suggest getting everyone together for a day whether up north or down south and just getting it sorted..Its just finding out which parts Id need which is the annoying bit. Without taking the engine apart, its all just a guessing game
French Wench
Thanks given by:
Piston rings and head set would cover it, I don't know if they use a sump gasket or not tho
Thanks given by:
If the piston rings are getting changed anyway does it need a replacement engine?

Thanks given by:
(17-06-2014, 05:41 PM)lolsteve Wrote: If the piston rings are getting changed anyway does it need a replacement engine?

If you can get a known good engine, it would be quicker to swap the engine than it would to change the piston rings and valve guide seals. If it were me, id buy a known good motor, drop that in as a short term thing and then keep the motor you currently have and rebuild it. If your whipping the pistons out to do rings, you should really do the big ends as well (don't ask me to do them!) and it all adds up quickly.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
It's the racoon filter that's leaking.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Its alot easier to build a new engine up and get it double checked it is the rings rather than trying to do it all in one day and finding it isnt just the rings then ending up with no car for weeks.
Thanks given by:
right well all of this sounds expensive... So i guess its just gonnar have to stay as it is for now, atleast until after pugfest. Poor Cuore
French Wench
Thanks given by:
Looks like £70 for a set of rings. Plus head gasket oil coolant possibly head bolts gasket paste etc. Try some of the "Liquid rebuild" oil treatment. Genuinely works.
Thanks given by: