WIW: supercharged gti6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WIW: supercharged gti6
Just curious really as to what people think this is worth?

1999 306 GTi on 89000 miles with full service history. There is a bulging box file full of receipts and files on this car and no expense has been spared.

Spec is as follows:
Fully rebuilt XU10J4RS less than 2k ago with quality parts
Eaton M45 supercharger with refurbished snout mounted on a custom made bracket with a -17% pulley
Omex 600 ecu with Omex loom merged with the standard 6 loom mounted under the dash
PLX DM-6 multi gauge with a Bosch LMU4 wideband also wired into the omex with a narrow input for lambda feedback
Rich W aux pulley
Bilstein B8 shocks (2k old) with Eibach springs, B4 rear shocks and VTS rear beam refurbished.
Ripp double tube lower brace
Ripp adjustable drop links
Speedline Turini 16" wheels ET15 offset with Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyres
Hi spec 4 pot callipers painted gold with 285mm discs and hi spec adaptors.
HEL braided lines
EPAS mounted under the boot floor with Pirtek custom pipework to the rack
RX8 cloth front seats, GTi alcantara rear seats
Purple velvet roof lining
PH1 Blue carpet
Custom plasma dials
Auto head lights and wipers
Kenwood Ipod stereo with Focal 165VB components all round amped from a Boston Accoustics amp in the boot with working stalk controls
Genuine 4k old Cibie blue masks. Last ever set produced and still have original box for them
Black bonnet badge
GTi6 door badges
406 auto dim rear view mirror

Mapped by Track and Road in Rainham (regarded as one of the best in the south), the car spent a total of 11 hours on the rollers and as such, drives absolutely superbly. Made 214.5hp and 181lbft.

Bodywork is in better than average condition for its age. Bonnet is the worst bit with a small dent and a few chips but this will be fixed asap. Bodywork wise, there is 2 5p size dents 1 on each rear quarter. Again, i will have these fixed by the dent man soon.

No expense has been spared on this car. It was bought by my self standard in 2012 with a full peugeot service history and has been serviced by my self since every 6k or 9 months..what ever was sooner using good quality oils and original filters.

Bad bits:
As above, few small marks on body work
The foot mat built into the carpet in the drivers foot well is coming away but is not visible if you keep the original GTi mats
Air con is no longer existent due to being replaced with a intercooler lol

[Image: IMG_1944_zps3cd486b4.jpg]

[Image: _MG_4495_zpsa79bbe71.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1946_zps12394b84.jpg]

[Image: F626C295-6334-4B92-B9FD-2C33CB5A9E51_zps3mvw0apx.jpg]
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Reach around and a duo mars bar?
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
£1800?

Tops Confused
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
What piggy said, certainly no more.
Thanks given by:
Lol you realise a standard 6 with a lynx kit bolted on sells for 2.5-3k right?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Then why ask?
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2014, 02:28 PM)Niall Wrote: Lol you realise a standard 6 with a lynx kit bolted on sells for 2.5-3k right?

Thats mad. Just out of your mind mad if you pay that much. Can get a lot more car, and better I must say, for 3k
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Because it isn't a standard car with a Lynx kit on the front of it?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I think due to the known Lynx kits history, one would sell for more than a home brew eaton build. I'm not denying your skills and I do love its setup buddy...but selling to the public is another matter.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I'd say with decent TnT this would fetch 2.7k or so
Seeing similar builds sell for as much if not more

I think 1800 is a joke to be fair.. Think piggy is annoyed his wouldn't fetch as much ninja
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Give you £1200 for it Wink
Thanks given by:
No, I know mine is worth a grand. Im happy with that Smile

Still think 1800 is reasonable. 2 grand to the right guy
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
IMO 2700 would be an insane ammount of money, but then maybe i have no idea what GTI6's are worth...

Its a quality build, and a nice car, but i think you would struggle to find someone who would pay that sort of money for it...Tbh, as harsh as it sounds, but id say the same about my own / anyones...with an engine build like this (at home etc) and all homebrew charge mounts etc, I wouldnt really value it massively over a stock motor...as who knows whats been "bodged" etc from a buyers point of view, you dont even know if what they have done / fitted is suitable / about to fall off etc...

I tend do just value modified cars based on standard car prices, if you can get more then fair enough, but I dont generally find the value follows in a sale...sadly Sad

GTI6's arnt worth that much these days surely? again,. maybe im wrong Tongue Im a dervhead afterall!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I'd say £1500-2000, I really carnt see it being much more with a homemade supercharger kit on it. £2700 is unrealistic I think all tho you never no if there's some one who's willing to pay that much then your gonna get it look at tom's 205 going for crazy money.

Thanks given by:
Darren i see what your saying there about it being home build and I'm certainly under no impression i will ever get back what i paid. Just asking out of curiosity really.
I don't think this car would be too popular over here but i know the lynx low boost cars sell for 2.5-3.5 on the 6 forum depending on other mods but then this isn't a lynx kit.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
First off i love the car and if i was in the market for a gti i would seriously consider this!
But i have to agree with darren that with my limited knowlege i wouldnt have any idea about the engine and with the custom bits not being familiar if there was a problem i would be stumped and finding somewhere that would know how to fix it could be abit of a ball ache and then theres the cost!

BUT to someone who understands the mods and knows how much you have put into it it could be worth a fair bit!

Good luck with whatever you choose to do as its a really nice car
Thanks given by:
What's the plan for a car if you do decide to sell this one
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
(14-06-2014, 05:09 PM)Strikeforce Wrote: First off i love the car and if i was in the market for a gti i would seriously consider this!
But i have to agree with darren that with my limited knowlege i wouldnt have any idea about the engine and with the custom bits not being familiar if there was a problem i would be stumped and finding somewhere that would know how to fix it could be abit of a ball ache and then theres the cost!

BUT to someone who understands the mods and knows how much you have put into it it could be worth a fair bit!

Good luck with whatever you choose to do as its a really nice car

Yeah thats a fair point. I know it will never sell for what i would like due to it all being custom. You won't believe how anal I've been with it all though. I actually have a folder on the build detailing all of the wiring as well as how everything works, cd back ups of all the maps, tech drawings etc so if i did sell the new owner wouldn't have any problems working out what goes on.

In reality though if i sold it, it would either go to a mate who knows the build or be broken up for parts.

(14-06-2014, 05:11 PM)mikey b Wrote: What's the plan for a car if you do decide to sell this one

Ive got a company car so don't need this at all but like i said, its not for sale. Just asking out of curiosity really!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
It dosnt help that it ate big end bearings in the dyno either Wink hehe don't sell it is always the best option Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
haha yeah thats a good point! Its not for sale anyway. Ive just put shit loads of time and effort into it so time to just enjoy it now.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
It's financial value doesn't really matter, obviously less than the time and money you've put in lol. What matters is what it's worth to you now, and the sense of achievement from knowing you didn't just chuck on a Lynx kit!
Thanks given by:
I'd say 1800-2000, honestly doubt you'd get people to pay more than that. Yeah lynx kit cars fetch x amount but i also thought they made about 230-250bhp? 214bhp is a bit low
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
I think we all need to buy 306 Gti6s and sell them on GTI6oc...

They rekon its worth £3,500ish!!??

That lot must be freaking rolling in money!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
AS said as its a home brew kit rather than the bolt on lynx kit and doesn't make as much power as the lynx set up it can't be worth as much money. £2k maybe.
Thanks given by:
at the end of the day its only worth as much as somebody would pay for it. Personally if i had the space, i would offer around 2.5 for it, maybe a little more.

Thats the problem when you start ploughing big money into cars. you might aswell wipe your bum on pound notes as far as the resale value goes.

Once again personally, resale value dosent bother me when building cars as i build them to have my enjoyment out of. i spent best part of 6k on my clio and sold it for £400. (admitted i do regret that one!)

Shes a beaut Niall, enjoy her mate!
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2014, 07:42 PM)Piggy Wrote: I think we all need to buy 306 Gti6s and sell them on GTI6oc...

They rekon its worth £3,500ish!!??

That lot must be freaking rolling in money!

This! I've been looking at getting a rallye or gti6 and went over there, Jesus wept its like millionaires row over there!

Bit yeah Niall, this is a real move motor but as people have said, it's more a case of what would people pay for it then what would you want for it, just keep it as it is a really nice motor Smile
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
Seeing as the lynx SCs are up for around £2000+ Id say that anything around £2500 is a good deal.
Thanks given by:
£2500 +/- £300 if you waited it out a bit?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I'd happily pay 2200 for this ..
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  supercharged 6 karl1989 7 1,626 09-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Last Post: JackLewis_Dturbo