Better than Eibachs??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better than Eibachs??
Any suggestions on a firmer spring than the EIbach Pro Kit -30mm??

I want to upgrade to B6/B8s but feel that the springs need to be a bit firmer

Dont want to go coilovers....although I have the RSXs, I realised after chatting to some GTi6 owners, they bit firm for a daily

Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Tell you what, ill take you for a drive at pugfest. B8s and Eibach sport lines are probably the best combo you can have without going to coil overs and i promise you don't want anything any firmer with the B8s.

Also just FYI, B6 and B8 are the same except the B8s are a shorter body for lowered springs whilst keeping the correct damping length.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yeah I noticed the b6/b8 difference.

I wonder if just some NEW eibachs would help as mine are couple years old
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(12-06-2014, 08:48 PM)Piggy Wrote: Yeah I noticed the b6/b8 difference.

I wonder if just some NEW eibachs would help as mine are couple years old

I think it would help if they were paired with the proper shock. Bilstein actually sell Eibach sport lines with B8s as the B12 kit so i think thy were developed together. I doubt Bilstein are the sort to just buy a spring and use it without proper testing.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Hmmm true.

Is the Eibach Pro different to the sportline?

Oh and I would love a passenger run up the hill mate...I do have two early runs though myself
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I use Eibach's on my Sprint car, Sector time's I'm one of the quickest FWD car's and I'm only on Track day tyres. Best of both worlds with them and with B8's work well
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
im on b8 + eibach - suspect you saw the zx on track and thought, thats a bit soft - but I'll put money on that being down to shocking choice of tyre.

It is such a good setup, really is the best you can put on without spending some £££ on serious coilovers

I had those K-sports on, and they were indeed the dogs danglies - for track I have no doubt they'd be amazing, even on the road they were very forgiving for a daily - I'd have kept them if I could have got over speedbumps properly at a decent mm drop.

but for a fast road car I wouldn't considering putting anything other than B8/B6 + eibach

the ride is 'dreamy' - and the car handles fantastically
Thanks given by:
(12-06-2014, 08:59 PM)Piggy Wrote: Is the Eibach Pro different to the sportline?

Sportline go lower and are more firmer.
Thanks given by:
So there is a better choice than Eibach Pro springs, the Sportline Eibach springs??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
'Better' is subjective tbh. Stiffer isn't always better either, especially over rough ground.

Personally, best set of springs I had were Eibachs, albeit very low mileage/nearly new when I bought them.
Thanks given by:
Correct tom stiffer isn't always better (well depends what we are talking about here I suppose!)
Hence why I think the B12 kit is great. My car has bags more grip now on the B12 kit than it was on the D2 coil overs but they were stupidly stiff lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Problem is with too stiff is you just bounce over tiny bumps and then lose grip every so slightly.. rather than going over it lol
Thanks given by:
Maybe I'll get some B6 or B8s and smuse my current Eibachs and see how I get on.

Hoping to fit my new TBs this weekend too, sure will help

BUT just to clear things up....

Eibach do make TWO different springs, Pro and Sportline?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_SmkaGuuJ2fy4xM7bt7A...r726qHY_7s]

Just looking at B12 prices.....holy mother nature its expensive!!!! £650+ Confused
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
That's for a whole lot though. You only need front shocks which are about 170 a side
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
What about the rears?!! Or springs?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Do you want rear shocks as well? If so, I didn't think we were talking about them lol. B6s for the rear. Check out Kam racing. Their prices are fairly good for bilstein stuff
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I use the Group N or A's on the back, the b6's performance drop's off quickly and are quite soft too
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2014, 08:16 AM)Niall Wrote: Do you want rear shocks as well? If so, I didn't think we were talking about them lol. B6s for the rear. Check out Kam racing. Their prices are fairly good for bilstein stuff

Thanks mate Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Tbh that's just the going rate for good suspension lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
It had better be nothing short of perfect at that price!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ive got h&r in for people before, some say there firmer than eibach.
Thanks given by:
H&R??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Have you never heard tell of them? There one of the top brands you can get, same price league as eibach.
Thanks given by:
Nah mate...mrs has heard of H&M lmao

I have always stuck with Eibachs with other cars. Had some special sepc AVOs on a rally car...but they were like £1000 a corner!! lol

Im googling them now

Look like they know what they doing...

what sort of price range we looking at mate?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Im just on the phone atm, I'll check later and see how cheap I can get them at Smile I take it your looking at 1.9td springs as thats what would be closest to the 2.1 youve fitted?
Thanks given by:
Nah GTi mate.
Very similar front axle weight.
2.1 is much heavier than the 1.9.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saxo 45mm eibachs. daveylennon93 14 3,049 02-08-2014, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Slam Wagon
  Performance of b8's without eibachs? Ben 3 1,231 07-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Ben