passenger window coming off its runner!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
passenger window coming off its runner!
Hi all, messing about with the windows today and the passenger window suddenly came down on an angle. it will NOT go up and down on its runners? is there a clip it sits in that needs replacing? its doing my head in and its raining!
Thanks given by:
Yeah theres a little grey clip inside the rear frame of the window, inside the rubbers.

My ph1 used to go through loads of them they are only a few quid from pug.

Dig the old one out, and youll see a little hole in that side of the glass, push the new one over it and lube it up with washing up liquid etc and push it back into the rubbers
Thanks given by:
ok thanks for your help. dont suppose u have a part number do you?
Sean
Thanks given by:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-106-30...540220a332
Thanks given by:
Thanks mate got 1 ordered.
Thanks given by:
right finally had a bit of time to do the window. i managed to get the old clip out but i cannot get the new 1 in the seals properly. i popped it through the hole in the glass first and then tried to get the window to sit in the seal but no luck. am just wondering if any1 has removed the inside seal of the window to help do this. this is doing my head in!
Thanks given by:
Pull the seal out and sit the clip in the runner while the window is attached. Or put the seal half in and slide the clip in enough to sit on the runner but still see the clip to pop the window in then use the window to push the rubber back in place. A few try's should get it in. If not I have put the new clip in the rubber before and then lined the hole up with the window and poped it back into the rubber and onto the clip, but this can take a few go's.
Depending on age of the car and window use-age the velvet lining may be worn to the rubber making the window pop out more often and the whole seal need replacing. I had to do this on my ph1 last year. The window rubber isn't cheap either, I paid £65ish pound from peugeot but it works smooth and good as new now.
Thanks given by: