Welder

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welder
I don't understand why he is ever allowed back.
Thanks given by:
He is waaaaay too upper class for us working class

lmao
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Thing is, every time he gets banned it adds fuel to the fire as he's getting a reaction. Funnier still is that he's always allowed back.

Recently at least the guy has been honest & come out of his shell.
Thanks given by:
I ma surprised, he seemed to be doing fine recently...

plus people were actually helping him, which was odd!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
He seems to be Ok to me yer was a bit of a nob before, but seems to be a decent guy now he's stopped the trolling...... Even when he was trolling it was entertaining Wink lol

Thanks given by:
He'll always be a troll, and he's openly admitted that himself....all he needs to do is learn where to draw the line. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-06-2014, 05:43 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Thing is, every time he gets banned it adds fuel to the fire as he's getting a reaction. Funnier still is that he's always allowed back.

Recently at least the guy has been honest & come out of his shell.

Theres reasons he was never permanently banned. Its not just a random thing but certainly thought out.

I must admit, he seemed to be very polite and taking banter recently. Probably because he wants something!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I put him on a 24hour cooldown. I don't like the way he snapped at Tom for no reason.

I wouldn't tolerate it from anyone else, why would I off him?

Yes, he is doing better and I welcome his change in behaviour, but one good deed doesn't make up for consistent rudeness.
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
(11-06-2014, 07:57 PM)Fooby Wrote: I put him on a 24hour cooldown. I don't like the way he snapped at Tom for no reason.

Yes, he is doing better and I welcome his change in behaviour, but one good deed doesn't make up for consistent rudeness.

EH?

Or other Tom in another thread?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(11-06-2014, 05:59 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: He'll always be a troll, and he's openly admitted that himself....all he needs to do is learn where to draw the line. Wink

Once someone tells him which pencil to buy, and how to draw a line with it.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
(11-06-2014, 08:26 PM)Rippthrough Wrote:
(11-06-2014, 05:59 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: He'll always be a troll, and he's openly admitted that himself....all he needs to do is learn where to draw the line. Wink

Once someone tells him which pencil to buy, and how to draw a line with it.

Don't forget how to sharpen it and what a line is first!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(11-06-2014, 08:12 PM)Tom Wrote:
(11-06-2014, 07:57 PM)Fooby Wrote: I put him on a 24hour cooldown. I don't like the way he snapped at Tom for no reason.

EH?

Or other Tom in another thread?

You where you said about the size and weight, and he said hes never seen one up close due to being working class or something along those lines lol
Thanks given by:
Oh i didnt even see it, too busy being working class doing 55 hours a week Undecided
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
The guy is a proper pipe smoking arse bandit, he doesn't attend shows i assume and generally contributes nothing productive to any thread he posts in. Would be better off banned permanently.
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Funny enough I was on another forum (alfa one) and seen people on about flynn how annoying he us blah blah blah found it quite funny..
Thanks given by:
Is he just known on EVERY forum as an annoyance??

weird how the 24 hour cooldown has now lasted...erm...more than 24hours!!!

lets hope it was a type and was 24years
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Well I just bought the Sealey Mighty Mig 100 gasless to do the engine mount on the rallye and the bits for the big turbo on the 2.1TD

Got it little cheaper than the link someone else posted. Mine is from here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140890006260?s...1439.l2649

Hopefully be able to tell you how she does by next weekend.
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2014, 10:42 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Well I just bought the Sealey Mighty Mig 100 gasless to do the engine mount on the rallye and the bits for the big turbo on the 2.1TD

Got it little cheaper than the link someone else posted. Mine is from here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140890006260?s...1439.l2649

Hes still on his 24 hour cool down which has lasted over a week lol, maybe permanent ban?
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2014, 10:42 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Well I just bought the Sealey Mighty Mig 100 gasless to do the engine mount on the rallye and the bits for the big turbo on the 2.1TD

I thought we were all in agreement gasless is shite!?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
You are not going to get a gass mig new for that money.

And for a car enthusiast like most of us, a welder like that with flux cored wire will do most of what you need.

People always ask who did my gearbox mount manifold pipes....I think they are crap...but all the same, I used a £80 cheap gassless mig with cored wire.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Reading this has got me wanting to learn to weld now, especially when I want to try and build my own strut brace
Whats wrong with arc welding? like if it wasnt meant to be a good looking weld
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Absolutely nothing wrong with arc welding, hard to do thin metal like exhaust or bodywork though, which is probably most of what you'll be using it for. Feel free to come and have a practice with ours if you like.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(20-06-2014, 11:42 AM)silverzx Wrote:

I thought we were all in agreement gasless is shite!?
Maybe not as good as with gas but after speaking to a few people I think I'll be alright and as most of my welding will be outside I won't have quite so big problems on windy days with gas blowing away. Also smaller size, one less canister in the workshop, and one less thing to have to worry about replacing and flux cored wire isn't too much more expensive especially with the small amount of welding that I am likely to be doing.

(20-06-2014, 04:27 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Reading this has got me wanting to learn to weld now, especially when I want to try and build my own strut brace
Whats wrong with arc welding? like if it wasnt meant to be a good looking weld
Welding is one of these things that takes 10 mins to learn and a lifetime to master. ARC is very difficult to get the hang of, especially on thin (automotive) grades of steel, its o easy to blow holes in stuff with an arc and its a bit of a pain sometimes if your doing a big weld to co-ordinate your hand with not only moving along/around whatever your welding but also in towards it as the rod gets shorter. ARC is also very "agricultural" and makes alot of heat. Finally it makes slag that needs knocking off before you can see what your weld looks like and can sometimes contaminate a weld.

With a MIG you can genuinely have a quick 5 min lesson off someone and maybe 15ms of practice/playing with it before you'll be able to do reasonable looking welds that are strong enough to hold your weight and take people smashing them with hammers.

Gotta say part of the reason I bought myself a mig was wanting to make a strut brace to go round my 2.1 lump lol.
Thanks given by:
So what sort of thickness steel will your one weld Chris?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
IIRC 100amp is up to about 3mm
Thanks given by:
Sealey seem to well over egg their welders. Mine and Grants old mig90 gas in the book could do up to 5mm. Ha, yeah right!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
LOL I didnt use the book figures, just memory from having looked before. There is a chart somewhere of what amps you need to weld what thickness of mild.
Thanks given by:
The next one up of Chris' is 150 AMP for £179 and 190 AMP for £480. Big increases in price!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
How about this for a table of what you might want/need and some buying tips. As it says, manufacturer quoted thicknesses are likely to be bollocks.

http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/buying.htm
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  tig welder advise Stef205 2 2,129 27-03-2016, 08:26 PM
Last Post: ozonehostile
  Welder recommendations bashbarnard 21 3,945 11-02-2016, 09:00 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Car battery welder lolsteve 9 2,502 19-11-2015, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum