stage 1 hdi cutting out

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stage 1 hdi cutting out
After some help/info as not that clued up on hdis.

Basically Tony(Turkish) has had a issue with his hdi after he got it mapped to a stage 1 from JP. It cuts out under hard accelerating in the high revs. We got told that it was probably the low pressure pump. So I got a brand new 1 for him and fitted it tonight along with a new fuel filter and cleaned out the housing. Went for a blast up the road and it cut out pretty much straight away.

So drove it back and plugged it into the diagnostic machine and it brought up this code

[Image: D1B51A77-3053-469E-8AF6-E690E39D1992_zpston4ds2d.jpg]

Any ideas or help much apprenticed
Thanks given by:
That's the rail pressure sensor isn't it? Swap it out for one at the breakers.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
That's nice and vague lol, none of you there got PP?

Could try cleaning the FPR. Don't reckon it'll be a wiring fault if its only under load.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for your help frosty. Not giving up in this. It will pull through the rev range one day
Thanks given by:
Do have PP but its on a crap computer and only works half the time. I should of prob tried it tough. I just plugged a hand held 1 in and then looked up the code on auto data.

Well I tried to take the FPR off but couldn't get 1 of the torx undone Sad
Thanks given by:
Bloody nearly cried as frosty gave up, was a sad, sad day in the valleys of Devon...
Thanks given by:
Don't mash the torx heads!! Lose the fuel filter mount to get some room to work and keep the driving bit dead straight, else they're a complete bastard to get out once they're rounded out. Ideally you want to get it on pp or similar to do some actuator testing, that could be an issue with anything on the control circuit - fpr, frps, wiring, etc. I'm guessing it's probably the fpr since it's consistently cutting out under load.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
It's nearly always the FPR, if it's not that then the HP pump is probably worn out.
If you can get peugeot planet then you can record the screen (with Camstudio) when it's cutting out and post a video and we can tell you what's going wrong with it.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 hdi stage 1 cutting out when going over 60mph ish dan wiltshire 5 1,778 19-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Mr Whippy