noise coming from front of car

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
noise coming from front of car
When i release the clutch to the point of the bite i get a strange slack/knocking sound (if that makes sense). It also happens when i'm driving over potholed lanes and roads and also when i put the throttle down. I'm not sure if its coming from the suspension, steering or if its an engine mount. Have yet to have a proper look, but has anyone had this problem before?
Thanks given by:
Bottom engine mount sounds likely....
Get someone to rock the engine and have a look at the mounts
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ah okay, will check it out, it seems to have stopped now. So I'm really unsure what it is. Will have a look around the front suspension components aswel, make sure there's nothing loose
Thanks given by:
Just had a look, I think its my top drivers side engine mount, i shook the engine and there seems to be a fair bit of play, so I'll wip off the mount and asses the damage
Thanks given by:
Could be the engine mount bush or the plate broken underneath which is also common
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah, i know my way round a welder so that shouldn't be a problem, just got to get a big enough Allen key that will fit the engine mount bracket.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  grinding noise from front rd070707 5 1,417 31-07-2013, 11:47 AM
Last Post: rd070707
  Squeaking noise from the front right of my car? Foxy-jim 6 2,016 16-04-2012, 08:28 AM
Last Post: Foxy-jim
  annoying knocking noise coming from engine bay declantg 15 4,603 28-12-2011, 06:43 PM
Last Post: declantg