Posts: 32
Threads: 10
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: Northern Ireland
Car Model/Spec: 306 DTurbo
Well I presume the loom is the same on the straight D as Dturbo models? I pulled a straight d engine of a 306 and it has a RPM sensor on the flywheel same as the dturbo but the straight d has only a MPH clock and time clock, was wondering if it was just plug and play the different clocks from a ph2 Dturbo to ph2 straight d? I know 306s take alot of notions of none working RPM clocks..
Posts: 32
Threads: 10
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: Northern Ireland
Car Model/Spec: 306 DTurbo
Nothing? Or will I just have to find out the hard way?lol
Posts: 3,662
Threads: 127
Joined: Feb 2012
Reputation:
33
Location: London
Car Model/Spec: ZX Volcane TD
similar years / same phase should be the same
early phase 1 had a cable driven speedo and different block connectors
Posts: 5,205
Threads: 91
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
83
Location: Oxfordshire/Cornwall
Car Model/Spec: Moonstone DT/Volvo V50
Phase 1 as long as it's electronic speedo and not the VDO cluster, need the Jaeger cluster (VDO is rare though in Diesels) - will fit another Phase 1, even cable speedo *should* fit, but don't quote me on that, I've never tried.
Phase 2 Diesel needs a Phase 2 Diesel cluster (or revs won't work)
Phase 3 needs *any* Phase 3 cluster - petrol clocks work on HDis in Ph3 but isn't backwards compatible with Phase 2.
Plugs are the same across P2/P3 - but they way they sense revs is different.
P1 Plugs are totally different, don't really have much experience of P1 clusters.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. 
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Posts: 32
Threads: 10
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: Northern Ireland
Car Model/Spec: 306 DTurbo
Ill stick a set of PH2 dturbo clocks in next weekend in on my project I have going.. Thanks!