Mini talk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mini talk.
Anyone intrested in minis on here. I used to have a track mini/road car a few years back and have been restoring my other halves one for a few years. Heading up too start up this years work on it and hopefully get it on road for next may.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
If I had space/money to have 50 cars I'd have one but I dont sadly.

Zakk has a few and there is definitely other members with them here too.
Thanks given by:
I've had several in the past - had an 86 Chelsea, a 93 Tahiti and a 1950s Riley Elf at one point but also had a Clubman Estate among others.

Just waiting to clear some space in the garage to make room for a British Open Classic.
Thanks given by:
Glad to see there is some love on here for them. Ill get some pictures and maybe a thread up next weekend for progress this year.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
My little brother has a 1991 Rover Mini Neon on the driveway, its full of rust at the moment, needs a LOT of work to get it on the road, but he loves them! I've always had a soft spot for them, but not enough to own one. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've got a 1975 Morris mini 1000. No time to finish it... Could be yours Wink
Thanks given by:
had 4 in my family so far, mostly my mums. ill have one one day, but when im abit more flush to do what i want to it lol
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
[attachment=16554]This is Sabrina, who will be living in my garage before too long. Needs a little TLC but will be back up and running as soon as my son and I can do it. Her current custodian has a 1998 Open Classic and his dream is to have them both out together.
Thanks given by:
I've had a few I'm looking for another to restore
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Would love a bike engined one...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
i used to race a mini engined space frame i built Big Grin
1275cc, 45 delorto, kent cam, ported polished,

[attachment=16555]
Thanks given by:
something ive been involved in wiring and standalone mbe engine managment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls19hpZOPgo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4OBcLLeO80

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytUzlQeYOak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1obK9ZcErg
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2014, 05:55 PM)Tom Wrote: Would love a bike engined one...

I've seen a couple of bike engined ones at Mini World's Action Day and they just don't sound right...the V8 one I 'heard' at another event was something else though !
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2014, 05:12 PM)pugmanxud Wrote: I've got a 1975 Morris mini 1000. No time to finish it... Could be yours Wink

Yes!!!

(01-06-2014, 05:30 PM)DavidA Wrote: This is Sabrina, who will be living in my garage before too long. Needs a little TLC but will be back up and running as soon as my son and I can do it. Her current custodian has a 1998 Open Classic and his dream is to have them both out together.

God I thought I had my work cut out. I remeber this stage.
Thanks given by:
Tell me what you think its worth. Don't want a lot for it. Rather it go to someone who will appreciate it and not brake it for bits.
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2014, 06:27 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: God I thought I had my work cut out. I remeber this stage.

She's in need of the most work out of all the Minis that I've had to date - aside from the 1275GT shell that gathered dust in my garage for a couple of years - but I'm sure I can do most of it. Might leave the paint to the professionals though...
Thanks given by:
very pricey some of the bits are for them now,
Thanks given by:
Helloooooo

Yeah I've had a few minis, I love them but it's just too disheartening how quickly they rot no matter how well you look after them.

Typical British Leyland problem, they made each mini at a loss so constantly found ways to make them cheaper which is showing now more than ever

I would definitely have another though, just I'd pay that extra to have an absolute ground up rebuilt car crammed full of waxoyl haha

Something like a mk3 cooper a with crossflow head takes my fancy, only problem with anything mini related is that it is ££££
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Minis are going up in price...tough to find one with 12months MOT for less than £2000 now...can buy a 'new' "mini" for that now!!

Still want one though...always have!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2014, 10:23 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Helloooooo

Yeah I've had a few minis, I love them but it's just too disheartening how quickly they rot no matter how well you look after them.

Typical British Leyland problem, they made each mini at a loss so constantly found ways to make them cheaper which is showing now more than ever

I would definitely have another though, just I'd pay that extra to have an absolute ground up rebuilt car crammed full of waxoyl haha

Something like a mk3 cooper a with crossflow head takes my fancy, only problem with anything mini related is that it is ££££

It is very expensive (like 1500-2000 I think) but you can have a shell completely chemically stripped of paint and then given a good, modern chemical preparation and corrosion protection before getting it painted.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
I was going to go down that route with my last mini, but invested the money in my 106 rallye instead.

I'd probably buy a fibreglass shell if I were to get into minis again, all the benefits, no rust :-)
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
also don't go robbing metros for these either, as there are plenty of new bits and engines for these! some reason I don't get, why the mini boys keep robbing metros for their engines, when you can get perfectly good engines from mini dealers, even proper good specd ones too!
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2014, 11:19 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: I was going to go down that route with my last mini, but invested the money in my 106 rallye instead.

I'd probably buy a fibreglass shell if I were to get into minis again, all the benefits, no rust :-)

Spaceframe with an engine in the back? Smile
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
You can get a brand new shell for around £5k and build a new classic Mini with new parts.

My first Mini cost £250, needed a new subframe (£60) and some fettling of the brakes to get through the MoT and then got me from Blackpool to Paris with 22 other Minis on a charity rally.

As for prices going up, there's currently this one on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...1413592592 which I'm trying - unsuccessfully - to persuade my wife to get me for my birthday.
Thanks given by:
At combes last Mini day 2013, a lad there had a fully chemically stripped, painted and 50% carbon fibre shell (like doors, front end, roof etc.

In bright green!!

Was mental. But must have been a great investment really.

Carbon underfloor and rear flow splitter too.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
My dad got given one a while ago in p/e for a shogun.
Body was f*cked and needed so much work. We found out it was a red hot, which had a alter ego a jet black.

We went to stamford hall mini show, we saw 2-3 jet blacks but no red hots anywhere.

My dad started buying bits and bobs lots of new panels but decided in the end he couldn't do it the justice it needed.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
My brother used to have a Mini

[Image: mini_zpsaeb30437.jpg]

Fun it was.................
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2014, 10:26 PM)Piggy Wrote: Minis are going up in price...tough to find one with 12months MOT for less than £2000 now...can buy a 'new' "mini" for that now!!

Still want one though...always have!

This, I'd have one if they were cheaper. Plus, not much room for a big fat fucker like me lol
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I'm 6'4" and a little overweight and I've never had a problem fitting in... The most fun you can have on the road I reckon !
Thanks given by:
Me and zakk was only talking about this the other week as iv always wanted one to do a full nut and bolt restoration but he wouldnt sell me his grey shell lol

My dad had a few when he was younger so it would be nice to build one together, i also know a bloke who used to race them and knows them inside out

Its definatly something i will be doing just need to finish the 205 and sell the van to make some room
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tool Box Talk cully 22 5,489 26-07-2016, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Frosty
  Colleagues stolen laptop, IP trace (talk talk isp) stevieg 11 2,666 05-12-2015, 12:22 AM
Last Post: stevieg
  Raspberry pi. Talk to me. ginge191 7 1,951 20-08-2014, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Eeyore