Seizure!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seizure!
half way through fitting a fmic and pair of bumpers is not the best time to get spot checked by a jobsworth traffic cop. Loose front bumper, battery, headlight, grille, and loose wires in engine bay (slim line wiring )., also bonet wouldn't shut properly with ic pipes is what he found, and the bloody mot ran out the day before without me realizing.

So he seized my car 100m from my mums house and wouldn't let me wait for my mechanic and tow truck.
£90 fine, £170 to get it from compound and now i gota get all bits sorted for MOT. :evil:

What pissed me off the most is he went round kicking the bumpers- which i'd just had sprayed and fitted to see if they were attached properly. Nearly jumped out and floored him.

the best bit was, the 2 who stopped me and were just giving me a ticket had no MOT failure tickets so called another unit to drop some off, which happened to be a traffic cop. and when he took my car i just went my mums. then got a taxi home an hour later and the 2 of them were still stood there waiting for the tow truck lol should have "forgot" to tell them the immob code too.

I love my car.....
Thanks given by:
On what grounds did he do that?

Was the car on a public road whilst you were doing the fitting?

EDIT: Just re-read it, you were driving?
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
£170!? Its not worth it, just leave it there. Tongue

Seriously though, thats a bit of a bugger, bad luck!
Thanks given by:
Cool story, life goes on lol

Toby Wrote:On what grounds did he do that?

I think he means he has been fitting it recently but is still driving the car in a half finished state. Thats how I read it anyway... :think:
Thanks given by:
yea it was a 5 min trip to motorworld for the sticky pads for the number plates cuz i don't like having screws through them, and was just getting a ticket till he turned up. Wouldn't listen though that i was fitting the bumper properly that afternoon as i had just done the back one. "Thats why everything isnt secured officer cuz its all coming back off in a minute."

End of the day i risked a 5 min journey and got caught out. Just wish they wern't t**ts about it.
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:Cool story, life goes on lol

Toby Wrote:On what grounds did he do that?

I think he means he has been fitting it recently but is still driving the car in a half finished state. Thats how I read it anyway... :think:

Stop being right about things.

On a happier note, my new 494 pump is on its way ninja
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Toby Wrote:Stop being right about things.

Sorry :oops: lmao

And 494? :think: You building up a spare or was that supposed to be 414? Or am I missing something...... ninja
Thanks given by:
Well they wernt tits really. You drove an illegal car on the road and you got caught. If you want to play the game, you take the consequences.
Agreed though if they had of kicked my bumpers, I would of made a complaint.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:
Toby Wrote:Stop being right about things.

Sorry :oops: lmao

And 494? :think: You building up a spare or was that supposed to be 414? Or am I missing something...... ninja

Yes. I meant 414.

I'm having a slow day today Sad..

Spent the morning fitting my new MBC, that actuator hose was a bugger to get access to..
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Toby Wrote:
Dan! Wrote:Sorry :oops: lmao

Yes. I meant 414.

I'm having a slow day today Sad..

Spent the morning fitting my new MBC, that actuator hose was a bugger to get access to..

Way to hijack a thread Tongue

I agree though, you took the gamble and lost. Hindsight is a great thing. Definitely would've made a complaint for the bumper kicking, especially if there's any damage!
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
So just to recap, you were driving an un roadworthy car with no MOT and your whinging cos the Police did their job????

I wish the Police seized more un roadworthy cars.
Thanks given by:
Took the risk and lost out mate. Bad luck Sad I would have said something about them kicking the bumpers though. like how hard is it just to put a hand down and give them a tug!
Thanks given by:
how hard did he kick them? was it a tap, or a full blown kick?
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
[Image: police.png]

another 5 minutes of my life wasted in photoshop!
Thanks given by:
First if all i agree shouldnt have kicked ya bumpers, BUT driving a car with no MOT and in an unworthy state sorry mate deserved to be taken away i know it was only a 5 minutes trip but imagine if you had an accident as your insurence would have been invalid
Phase 1 306 Dturbo Sigma Blue a.k.a THE LADY

[Image: redranger.jpg]
Thanks given by:
SRowell Wrote:[Image: police.png]

another 5 minutes of my life wasted in photoshop!

You have no idea how hard i just laughed!
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:So just to recap, you were driving an un roadworthy car with no MOT and your whinging cos the Police did their job????

This...

As soon as i know ANYTHING is up with my motor i do my best to sort it there and then, if that means driving TO a garage or waiting another day to sort it, then so be it...
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:
Dum-Dum Wrote:So just to recap, you were driving an un roadworthy car with no MOT and your whinging cos the Police did their job????

This...

As soon as i know ANYTHING is up with my motor i do my best to sort it there and then, if that means driving TO a garage or waiting another day to sort it, then so be it...

same here mate
Phase 1 306 Dturbo Sigma Blue a.k.a THE LADY

[Image: redranger.jpg]
Thanks given by: