Catalystic Converter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catalystic Converter
hi there,

just wondered if anyone knew what the scrap price on these was at the minute as havent had time to look into it yet and i have 5 im fed up of falling over?

I cant see any codes on them to look them up as there pretty rusty unless im just looking in the wrong place (area to check)?

I have one that is K201 but unsure of value...

If anyone could help would appretiate it..

I have a friend who buys and sells them where i usually take them but just want to make sure his prices are right when i ring him and that i dont need to ask him to sharpen his pencil.

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Don't know what a K201 is from, but I scrapped an XSI/1.8 cat for £58 about 2 months ago.

Hope that helps Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Am I right in saying that diesel cats aren't worth any money. If you have any diesel ones.
Thanks given by:
If it a genuine peugeot cat it will be worth a fair bit. Can be up towards £100

From my experience the diesel 1s are worth more than the petrol 1s but all aftermarket 1s are pretty worthless
Thanks given by:
Yeah diesel ones are only worth about half of a petrol one.. and it's quite low at the moment, normally 40-50 quid average for one, and about 25 -40 for a derv one
Thanks given by:
As Frosty says, the diesel cats are worth more as a general rule, in my experience anyway.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Hdi K151's are £67 up here, I break alot of cabriolets so have a fair amount of cats...
All of which I put through as K151's & my local scrap yard are a tad thick...
Chris
Thanks given by:
(26-05-2014, 06:05 AM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: Yeah diesel ones are only worth about half of a petrol one..

Not true, entirely dependent on the specific model of cat (not car), early pug derv ones are the same as petrol ones. So equal value.
Thanks given by:
you must all be getting mugged off, I get £200-£215 for a hdi cat!
Thanks given by:
WTF!? Where!?

Also, anyone got a pic of a genuine cat? I've got a pretty big 'spare' HDi cat, bigger than most aftermarkets I've seen, but not sure if its big enough to be genuine! And I don't trust the scrapyard to tell me which it is...
Thanks given by:
(27-05-2014, 09:57 AM)Toms306 Wrote: WTF!? Where!?

Also, anyone got a pic of a genuine cat? I've got a pretty big 'spare' HDi cat, bigger than most aftermarkets I've seen, but not sure if its big enough to be genuine! And I don't trust the scrapyard to tell me which it is...

Upload of pic of the 1 you got
Thanks given by:
Tom, this was my OEM one

[Image: DSC00793.jpg]

With a few repairs.
Thanks given by:
Still none the wiser lol.

[Image: IMAG3645_zps067e1896.jpg]

[Image: IMAG3644_zpsb757eb5b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Send an email to EMR, they used to have a page on their website a library of all Cats, can't find it now though.
Thanks given by:
Tom I would say yours is an aftermarket 1 im afraid
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, not surprised tbh lol.

Will keep it as a spare for now then.
Thanks given by:
Saw mention of ~£220 being acheivable for a HDi cat. Is this still the case?
Bianca Rallye
1989 205 GTi6 on ITBs
BMW Z4 3.0

Thousands of GTi6 parts availabile.
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2014, 08:14 AM)Dangti6 Wrote: Saw mention of ~£220 being acheivable for a HDi cat. Is this still the case?

I'm sure some cats are up round that price but I never seen 1 and forgot which 1s are that about. As I said earlier in this thread my mate got about £100 for a genuine hdi cat off a 306 and that was at SIMs in Taunton
Thanks given by:
Saw a K202 sell last week for £191 on ebay.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: