20mm drop

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
20mm drop
Ok, so I fancy a 20mm drop front and match it on the rear, I've heard through the rumour mill that xsara vts shocks and springs will drop the front 20mm and be stiffer?? Has anyone tried this and are they a direct replacement as I'm told?
I have a hdi so would the heavier weight of the Diesel engine differ on the petrol springs?
Thanks given by:
or citroen zx volcane TD shocks/springs - direct replacement, 15/20mm drop and slightly stiffer than standard.

have a set here if any interest
Thanks given by:
Direct fit? Or a bit of faffing to replace 306 shocks?
Thanks given by:
Xsara VTS springs do indeed do what you're wanting - that's what I'm running on my HDI hatch.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
direct fit
Thanks given by:
Is there a specific year I would require to fit to my 2000 hdi d turbo?? And thanks guys starting to enjoy the forum experience and help and tips
Thanks given by:
All the same in terms of years, if you're looking for some off a zx just need to make sure its a 'volcane' turbo diesel to ensure they're of the uprated variety.

The shocks will have 16v printed on them

Shameless plug for my for sale thread > http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-18832.html
Thanks given by:
(22-05-2014, 10:36 PM)thebluepearl1 Wrote: Ok, so I fancy a 20mm drop front and match it on the rear, I've heard through the rumour mill that xsara vts shocks and springs will drop the front 20mm and be stiffer?? Has anyone tried this and are they a direct replacement as I'm told?
I have a hdi so would the heavier weight of the Diesel engine differ on the petrol springs?

What model car have you got?

I have found that the HDI dturbo trim cars have dampers that will drop a non sport trim car by 20mm.

I fitted some to my estate and with the same springs the car sat 20mm lower with the dturbo dampers.
Thanks given by:
I've got a 3 door 2.0hdi dturbo phase 3 looks exactly the same as a gti6
Thanks given by:
Yeah, dturbo is already slightly lowered, is the zx lowered even further?
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
(23-05-2014, 02:22 PM)thebluepearl1 Wrote: I've got a 3 door 2.0hdi dturbo phase 3 looks exactly the same as a gti6

If the dampers have been changed in it's life with non OEM eg ones from a motor factors (ECP, GSF or other) then they might have raised the height without the person knowing. This happened to me when I replaced some on my HDI Dturbo. The next time I replaced them I got them from the dealers and that dropped it back down 20mm.
Thanks given by:
(22-05-2014, 10:36 PM)thebluepearl1 Wrote: Ok, so I fancy a 20mm drop front and match it on the rear, I've heard through the rumour mill that xsara vts shocks and springs will drop the front 20mm and be stiffer?? Has anyone tried this and are they a direct replacement as I'm told?

vts engine is slightly heavier than our diesel lumps actually, so they lower it slightly less, i run xsara vts springs and i think it's a nice subtle drop . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
So how do I find out if I'm running non OEM shocks @dee turbo if be intrigued to check maybe just a case of changing back to OEM
Thanks given by:
Jack the car up, push the plastic dust cover up and there should be a stamp with Peugeot on it.

[Image: DSCN8732_zps31b83d09.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cheers will check when I get the car home, would be nice to improve the ride height a touch if it is running the wrong shocks.
Thanks given by:
FYI The dampers are £80 each from the dealers.
Thanks given by:
Ok deeturbo thanks, my old man has numerous trade accounts with different motor factors so will get them at his trade price anyways, kind of lucky in that way as I don't have to pay joe blogs price
Thanks given by: