Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
V6 phase 1 6 on ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1997-P-PEUGEOT..._508wt_958

Thought they would of put some pics of the engine bay on though
Thanks given by:
WANT!
Thanks given by:
how come not many people build these? is it a bit of a pain to build a V6 powered 306? with the rover side ( k series) its a matter of swopping the engine mounts over and rapping the cars engine loom around it and slotting it back in, the plugging the ecu and alarm system that came the replacement engine. The vvc side requires a bit of loom modifaction and they recommend you use the Mgf running gear ( as it was designed for the power)
Thanks given by:
I think the engine is super heavy for the amount of power. The gti6 is lighter and more readily available :/ I think especially when we all love the 306 handling the v6 would spoil it.
Thanks given by:
V6's are lighter than GTi6 engines IIRC, the problem is the weight sits further forward in the bay spoiling the balance. Having had both I prefer the V6 TBH..better noise and nice even torque from 2k onwards. Think the clutch is a PITA to sort with the conversions aswell!

Shame its a diablo but I'd still love that.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
No test pilots....
Damn
Thanks given by:
is there no way of sorting that out with the v6 engine? ie a way of making it sit further back? as I sorted mine out by getting an adjustable mount so that it moved the engine a bit more.
Thanks given by:
How would you go about sorting a clutch/box?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Its just a hydro clutch...most people radge up cable - hydro adaptors etc...but if it was me, id just tear dash out, and mount a clutch master cylinder on the pedal first as last...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
The engine is undeclared though its still register with the '6 engine. But it is nice though.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Someone PM him for engine pic? Wink
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
The engine can't sit further back because of the master cylinder and the fact that with the rear bank laid backwards (like the standard 6 engine) the front bank (because of the V shape) has to lean forward putting half the weight forward.

(23-05-2014, 07:12 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Its just a hydro clutch...most people radge up cable - hydro adaptors etc...but if it was me, id just tear dash out, and mount a clutch master cylinder on the pedal first as last...

Whereas for simplicitys sake I'd bolt on an XU10 flywheel and BE series box
Thanks given by:
(23-05-2014, 09:02 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(23-05-2014, 07:12 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Its just a hydro clutch...most people radge up cable - hydro adaptors etc...but if it was me, id just tear dash out, and mount a clutch master cylinder on the pedal first as last...

That seems a much simpler way? So you could run a '6 fly/clutch/box up to it?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(23-05-2014, 09:02 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: The engine can't sit further back because of the master cylinder and the fact that with the rear bank laid backwards (like the standard 6 engine) the front bank (because of the V shape) has to lean forward putting half the weight forward.

Lol if it was that simple do you really think people would go to the farce..

The BE wont fit. Different bell housing.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(23-05-2014, 12:16 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote:
(23-05-2014, 09:02 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: The engine can't sit further back because of the master cylinder and the fact that with the rear bank laid backwards (like the standard 6 engine) the front bank (because of the V shape) has to lean forward putting half the weight forward.

Lol if it was that simple do you really think people would go to the farce..

The BE wont fit. Different bell housing.

Darren you've fitted 2 turbos and a supercharger to a derv.. I think anything is possible haha. Couldn't an adapter plate be made up? They do for the kit cars using redtop engines upto Ford type 9 gear boxes etc lol
Thanks given by:
Darren you not thought about building a v6 powered 306, even though you are a derv king!
id have thought you would use the running gear from the 406, but replace the shafts over to 306 ones?
wiring I could see you putting the full 406 loom into a 306.
Thanks given by:
BE would shit itself if you put that much torque through it regularly, and yeah, it wont fit, massive clutch and flywheel, and no intermediate bearing carrier of the right angle.

clutch is simple enough as Darren says, make it work

the engine package with the box is heavier, but I would not say it ruins a 6, they're on a par with a LBSC car due to the epic torque curve, lots of things you can do to offset the weight, battery under the boot for example.

loom is easy enough, you don't put the 406 loom into the 306, you just hook the 406 engine loom to the 306 engine loom plugs, you do need the ecu Unlocking as the immobiliser system afaik isn't compatible, well, I did try it and it didn't work so err, yeah Big Grin

driveshafts you shorten by about 35mm each side, subframe does need lowering by 8-10mm to clear the inner CV's and needs a few areas trimming back and seam welding to clear the diff and downpipes.

shifter cables pretty straightforward, make a bracket for the gear lever to fit, clip the cables up to the exhaust tunnel.

cooling system not difficult once you figure it out, you can make the 406 rad fit in there.

the D8 engine makes more torque at 1500 rpm (145lbft) than the gti6 does at peak, and it doesn't drop below that till the limiter (just over 6500 iirc), peak torque is 200 lbft.
Thanks given by:
ah I didn't realise that these were plug in play electrical wise, so a little bit more tricky than a vvc conversion in a metro.
with the mgf gearbox in a metro, you just swop off the cable gearlinkage bracket, and shorten a rover 218 gearlinkage.
use the mgf drive shafts. only gearlinkage side of things you need to weld, also you swop the hydrologic clutch arm for the cable clutch arm from a R218.
Thanks given by:
Ahaaa this looks familiar ;-)

[Image: 384659_315127901839576_741496267_n_zps84867cc7.jpg]
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(23-05-2014, 02:58 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Ahaaa this looks familiar ;-)

[Image: 384659_315127901839576_741496267_n_zps84867cc7.jpg]

Whos was it?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
A lad who I worked with, fun times were had in that thing.

Suffered cambelt failure at full throttle, then it sat under a tarp for a few years down the road from me and the lad who owns it messaged me the other day asking if I want to buy it.

Pretty chronic laquer peel and I don't know how well the engine conversion, but if anyone here is truly interested in it i can go and look for you, only down the road from me
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(23-05-2014, 02:09 PM)welshpug Wrote: BE would shit itself if you put that much torque through it regularly, and yeah, it wont fit, massive clutch and flywheel, and no intermediate bearing carrier of the right angle.

Yeah cos all the diesel boys running over 200lb/ft are CONSTANTLY changing gearboxes as the BE3s are made of cheese.

I was aware of the nose bearing issue but was tolt there was a nylon spacer you could pull out the end of the crank to make it fit. Also you must be able to do something with the box as I thought all ML series boxes were the same bolt pattern and the 2.2HDi's run an ML but will take a BE3
Thanks given by:
End of the day, why would you not want to use the 406 box? Its a nicer smoother box and a hydraulic clutch is much much better tbh. Only reason i haven't done my hydro clutch conversion yet is because my clutch has only done 900 miles so its still nice and light.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
no, the V6 bellhousing is different to the DW, there's at least half a dozen ML5 bellhousings in the D9 406 alone.

diesel torque, yeah Wooh, change gear, not BWAAAAARRRPPPP.

no nose bearings, I said Intermediate driveshaft bearing carrier.
Thanks given by:
Ah the amount of time I've seen this buzzing about Hereford (; was looking Into buying it at some point. There was another dropped into a phase 1 Cossack in Hereford if I remember rightly too. Mmm [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Yeah, well black I think that was, used a loom I made.
Thanks given by:
(25-05-2014, 10:57 PM)welshpug Wrote: Yeah, well black I think that was, used a loom I made.

Was definitely a Cossack one I've seen, only seen 2 v6 conversions in Hereford, not sure if this one is the same one my mate did work to and his sister sold on as that was a diablo ph1 too. Seen a black one in Worcester though (well they stuck a v6 coupe badge on it anyway and it sure sounded like one too :p) so maybe that one?
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  phase 1 gti on ebay ozmonster 20 2,943 31-01-2015, 01:57 PM
Last Post: 7057sam
Thumbs Up black phase 1 DT with Bosch on ebay looks ok . . Mattcheese31 3 1,378 17-10-2012, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Chris_90