New entrant

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New entrant
Hello to all 306 owners!
Thanks given by:
Welcome along Smile

What car you got? Where you roughly from etc?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
welcome
Thanks given by:
(20-05-2014, 06:05 PM)Grant Wrote: Welcome along Smile

What car you got? Where you roughly from etc?

Hi from North West London, its just a humble 306 1.4 1998 vintage, its not exactly mine but might as well be, as its my unmechanical lady friends, I have had to replace the head gasket last year (without a head skim) not a wise thing to do, however the thought of taking off all the parts was rather daunting, its ok apart from a slight touch of oil in the rad which could still be leftover sludge, my interest is all things mechanical, probably just as well as the 306 seems to have tested my resolve re a recurring problem with this model, stalling, I have searched for several weeks web sites by the dozen, and found as many if not more reasons, I have (hopefully) resolved it with a new MAP sensor, Euro Parts are my main port of call, but why the cost of a Bosch replacement at £53 for this particular model is nearly double the normal price for any other car is hard to understand, its not a bad car with no sign of rust and as a runabout it does well, but water does get in via the rear nearside door, I have twisted myself holding a torch in the rain but still not cured it, I have joined this web site as I am sure there will be other issues cropping up!
Thanks given by:
Ah another Londoner! Where a bouts in NW?
Should come down to Ace cafe one month for French car night. Its every 3rd monday of the month (yesterday was this months) and there is usually a thread for it in the meets section Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(20-05-2014, 06:52 PM)Niall Wrote: Ah another Londoner! Where a bouts in NW?
Should come down to Ace cafe one month for French car night. Its every 3rd monday of the month (yesterday was this months) and there is usually a thread for it in the meets section Smile

Thanks for the info Niall, I could walk to The Ace its just down the road from us, Screwfix & Tool Station just around the corner are a regular haunt for me, given the previous 306 performance issues, walking might be a better option!!
Thanks given by:
Welcome along mate
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum Hello
Thanks given by:
Welcome along
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Welcome to the club! Big Grin
Thanks given by: