Starting and cutting out issues... Yup, another one :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting and cutting out issues... Yup, another one :)
Tongue 
Ive had an issue with my peugeot 306 HDI 2.0ltr for quite some time now. We have tried all sorts now but coming to a dead end yet again. The car started cutting out but would start right back up again without an issue. Then it began cutting out more and more often. A few months later the car decided not to start at all so we tried allsorts to repair it. Things we've tried are-
New battery. New crank sensor. New brown relay. New green relays. Different ecu. Then a 2nd hand fuel pressure regulator. The fpr managed to get her started and she ran really well up until now. Later we found that the bosch pump in the tank hadnt been tightened properly so was possibly letting air in. We fixed this and the car ran beautifully for a few months but has now started cutting out again and will only start if we bump it. Apart from first start of the day. It will start off they key but reluctantly. But again, the car still runs perfect when its running. Please help? We're at the end of our tethers now..! Guessing the LP pump worked its bolloxe off when letting the air in and is now worn out??
Thankyouuu :-)
Thanks given by:
The LP pump securing ring just holds it in place, wouldn't let air in if it was loose. Green relays are unrelated to fuelling. Have you done any actual diagnosis yet, as in got it on a diagnostics machine or run some tests on fueling components?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ohh i was advised to change them anyway so i did. What are they for then? Yeah i got a diagnostics kit on it and at first i got the infamous P0230. Tried fuel filter, lp pump etc all seemed fine. Turned out it was the fpr so swapped it for a known working one and it fired up. Anger management stayed on for 100miles or so and knocked itself off then..
If i remember correctly i got an injector code too at one point but never seen it again. I will get them done though. Can anyone recommend where i could get some low milers from? Please? Smile
I qm but just a wee girl needing plently of advice.. Haha
The car started off they key everytime today. With a bit of a struggle but fired up eventually.. Its strange. I just don't get it. Thanks for replying Smile muxh appreciated Smile
Thanks given by:
Immobilizer?
Thanks given by:
I'd suggest doing a leak-off test on your injectors before buying newer ones, there's a guide in the link in my signature. If you can get the car on a proper diag rig that would be better, live data makes it a lot easier to see what's happening. Try swapping out the lp pump for a known-good item, just to test it. Where are you based? May be members nearby who can help with diags or parts to swap.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Clean your FPR again, they have a habit of clogging up with dirt, especially if your fuel system is contaminated.
As poodle said, with a diagnoses we can point you in the right direction.

It's possible that your HP pump is so worn you just can't start the car and this will also cause the car to cut out.

Can you connect with PP2000 and do some runs at full load in third/fourth gear to see what the maximum fuel pressure gets to?

Here's a link to my FAQ section, scroll down about two thirds to the section named 'engine problems and advice:' http://www.hdi-tuning.co.uk/ecu-remappin...pport.html
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Cool. Thanks everyone. I'll deffo have a go at everything recommended. I read that everytime you change the fpr then you have to change the o ring? So ill be ordering one of them too Smile
Im from west wales. Bout 14miles out of carmarthen.. Havent got a pp2000 but i have an ELM and for some reason it wont connect to either of my ECU's. Strange?? Possibly done something to the plug under the dash due to taking different diagnostic tools in and out?? Ill keep you all posted as to what ive tried and the results Smile Thankyou Smile
Pro-steve, read your website out to my partner and he said he's spoken to you in the past about the car.. Goes to show how long these issues have been going on now haa
Cheers for the input guys Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HDi Starting issues FuST 9 1,901 27-02-2018, 07:45 AM
Last Post: FuST
  HDi Starting Issues (lift pump power circuit) mcglynn 41 5,627 01-07-2014, 12:31 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo
  HDI Starting issues Leedunn86 12 2,025 10-01-2014, 03:33 PM
Last Post: powerandtorque