My Td04 Xud9 205

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Td04 Xud9 205
Hi, not long ago I bought myself a 1.6 205 Gti with plans to make it into a Xud track car

[attachment=16332]

[attachment=16333]I drove it about as a 1.6 Gti to use up some of the mot and tax but got bored of it fairly quickly although it was good fun.

Whilst trolling eBay and gumtree I found a cheap omp cage so got in contact with the guy and headed through to collect it.
My tip would be don't go to collect a 6 point cage in a impreza, bad idea lol.

[attachment=16334]

[attachment=16335
Thanks given by:
Same cage as mine im afther the front bars and door bars to Sad
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
[attachment=16336]I didn't pay anything near the asking price for it and sold the absolutely perfect interior out it

[attachment=16337]Then got these. Mega lightweight which is the direction I'm heading

[attachment=16338]Next I got the old engine out as I sold it.
Just in time as I got 4 points for speeding in it that week.
Iv had a clean license since my teens lol.

[attachment=16339]I found a good engine from a written off 306.
Unfortunately it had a lucas pump but atleast it had a good t2 on it for my 306 workhorse which currently runs a kkk. I had a td04 lying about but it's less than ideal for many reasons but I'm happy to use it until it goes then It'l be plug and play with a td04l.
I got an td04 adapter plate and the turbo is clocked.

[attachment=16340]I got a xantia inlet and got to work on it.
I work for a company that restored classic cars so have access to handy machines

[attachment=16341]

[attachment=16342]

[attachment=16343]

[attachment=16344]Engine going in

[attachment=16345]One of many strength plates

[attachment=16346]I shot blasted most of the bay while the engine was out, acid etch primed it then it was coated with 3m spray sealant before getting sprayed. It looks a funny colour under the infrared lamp. I have plans for the upper inner arches so iv just painted enough so that the engine could go in
Thanks given by:
[attachment=16347]When I was running it back and forward to work it handled like a dog despite having a gmax on the front with bilstein shocks on the rear. We stuck gauges on it and found it had positive camber on the osf and negative on the nsf so I bought camber plates to correct it

[attachment=16348]I managed to get a set of compomotives which ill have to drop off to the powdercoaters soon. I'm not keen on black wheels plus they need a freshen up

[attachment=16349]When I first fitted the engine and connected the gear linkages I found a internal problem with the gear box which had come on the engine from the written off 306 so got a spare 1.6 gti box and fitted new clutch arm bushes etc. Iv used them on the xud's before and it's a crazy ratio but should be fine for knockhill. Also it's now a push clutch instead of the heavy pull type. I took a dw8 flywheel into Engine Resource and got it lightened then buttoned everything up

[attachment=16351]

[attachment=16352]

[attachment=16353]I found I had a clearance issue with a the gear linkage and turbo. I couldn't find anything online regrading anyone with the same issue so want sure if it was to do with the dodgy variant of td04 I'm using?
I ended up modifying everything for the greater good lol.
The linkages are now fully rose jointed start to finish with bronze bushes on my DIY quickshift and gear stick . The gear feel very positive to say the least and they now clear the turbo

[attachment=16354]

[attachment=16355]

[attachment=16356]The linkages are all fitted and setup but I'll need to take pics.
I got a 205 derv loom from the scrappys and stated to sort it out with amalgamating tape and p-clip in.

[attachment=16357]I'm planning on making my own screamer pipe soon. Not exactly the normal setup but should sound good.
I'm going to make a divorced downpipe and use the wastegate side as the screamer pipe

[attachment=16358]

[attachment=16359]Can anyone tell me anything about this turbo? If it's really bad, I'll just get another to replace it. Iv had it lying about for years.
Thanks given by:
[attachment=16360]I bought a stainless td04 downpipe and cut it close to the flange as it needs to instantly turn into a 90 bend.
I ordered a tight 90 today which I'll weld onto the modified downpipe flange

(17-05-2014, 10:04 PM)td_dan Wrote: Same cage as mine im afther the front bars and door bars to Sad

Hi Dan, if I ever add sections into my cage I'll just get the joining hardware off eBay and get the correct seamless pipe from a blacksmith. The door bars would be easy to do. I'm looking for a good non sunroof roof to fit and once that's done I'm adding another roof cross in
Thanks given by:
nice 205, brings back memories of my 1.6.

[Image: IMG_1447.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2014, 08:36 AM)juz22 Wrote: nice 205, brings back memories of my 1.6.

[Image: IMG_1447.jpg]

That looks a clean one. Mines has it's faults lol
Thanks given by:
Looks like your doing a great job! Good project Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2014, 01:02 PM)Tom Wrote: Looks like your doing a great job! Good project Smile

Hi Tom, I followed the Build of your 205 and seen it on eBay. Can't believe it's not sold yet. I know how much cash mines stands me so far and that makes your a bargain
Thanks given by:
I'm a regular at Knockhill, I look forward to seeing this going round Big Grin Where abouts are you?
'95 Peugeot 405 GLX with XU10J4RS and ITB's
'97 Peugeot 406 1.9TD with TD04
'05 RenaultSport 182 Cup
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2014, 03:22 PM)ally406 Wrote: I'm a regular at Knockhill, I look forward to seeing this going round Big Grin Where abouts are you?

Excellent, what will you be running? I'm located in Brechin.
My friends and I have been building track cars to use this year plus one of them is doing the xr2 challenge at the moment. I can't wait
Thanks given by:
Orange Clio 182, I was hoping to get it into SLS this year but mortgage, bills, paying for food etc got in the way. Will come over and have a chat if I see you there.
'95 Peugeot 405 GLX with XU10J4RS and ITB's
'97 Peugeot 406 1.9TD with TD04
'05 RenaultSport 182 Cup
Thanks given by:
Hi, been a whole since I posted with any actual progress.
I bought a couple of subaru Justys and iv been out having crazy off road fun for atleast a couple of months so the 205 has sat in my driveway lol.

[/php][/quote]

The last pic shows the 205 with a new complete front panel. It's been spray sealed so it lasts as long as possible.

I made up a downpipe which bolts onto the td04 and heat wrapped it.
Thanks given by:
Hi mate,
Project looks fantastic. Ive moved it to the correct section for you Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I got some silicone pipe and a alloy header tank. The plan is to get a coolant swirl pot, the largest alloy radiator I can fit in, Evans waterless coolant and a few other bits. I have to small radiators off a motocross bike which I am fitting behind the bumper with ducts. One of them is for cooling the turbo and the other is for a outlet on the cylinder head which would normally be for the heater matrix.

Today I bought Brembo four pot calipers with new discs and caliper rebuild kits. Also I bought another td04 turbo as the one I used which I had lying about is a pain for running boost pipes.
I week or so ago I got a Nitrous oxide kit which was originally a wet kit but obviously I needed dry so just removed the fuel solenoid and iv ordered a dry nozzle. I'm not too sure what jets to order, think I'll buy a load and work my way up incrementally.

The way it sits, it will fire up off the key and drive.
I fitted a good condition replacement derv loom. The fuel lines now run through the bulkhead and inside to a alloy fuel tank.
Thanks given by:
Looks like a great project will have to keep an eye on it
Thanks given by:
Are you getting new wheels to accommodate those brakes?
Won't fit under 1.9 wheels
Thanks given by:
(19-10-2014, 06:31 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: Are you getting new wheels to accommodate those brakes?
Won't fit under 1.9 wheels

Hi, yeah I got a set of 16" Compomotives but I'll need to drop them off to get powdercoated soon. Not too sure what colour to go for tho
Thanks given by:
I got the Compomotives sent away to the powder coater earlier in the week and hopefully get them back tomorrow. I ended up getting them done golf as I liked the look of it when I bought it so we'll see what it looks like soon.

I got my turbo, brembo 4 pots, and intercooler delivered so I'll get started tomorrow morning.
Iv ordered a alloy radiator 650mm wide with a massive 56mm core.
When I checked up on Evans waterless coolant I found the price pretty crazy!
They also want you to flush your old coolant system with their own stuff which costs about the same as the coolant.

I got my turbo, brembo 4 pots, and intercooler delivered so I'll get started tomorrow morning.
Iv ordered a alloy radiator 650mm wide with a massive 56mm core.
When I checked up on Evans waterless coolant I found the price pretty crazy!
They also want you to flush your old coolant system with their own stuff which costs about the same as the coolant.
Thanks given by:
After moving house etc I finally got back to working on the 205.
I mot'd and taxed it today then maxed out the Lucas pump.
It's pretty dam impressive for not having a built Bosch pump.
I'll have to fit the Polycarb window kit and coilovers.
I went to fit the brembo's but Iv either got the wrong discs or hubs, I'll have to look into it.

[attachment=23784][attachment=23784][attachment=23784][attachment=23784][attachment=23784][attachment=23784]
Thanks given by: