My german (slightly spanish) wip. About to get forged...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My german (slightly spanish) wip. About to get forged...
[Image: okaq0l.jpg]
[Image: 34si1vt.jpg]
[Image: t7fuqh.jpg]

Picked this up yesterday along with a full magnex racing system which is in the boot ready to fit (only didnt fit it as the standard system is properly welded on with 10 years of shite!)Snapped a stud trying to get it off so left it for now! Will have another go with the air guns another time

Changed the oil and filter(genuine) today aswell as giving it a quick once over with some wax!

Needs the wheels refurbing and the front end is heavily stone chipped. Overall im happy with it but a few niggly things need sorting!

More progress to follow!

please note the 306oc tshirt! Repping
Thanks given by:
Like it mate, what engine is in there?
Thanks given by:
1.8 20vt BAM engine.
Thanks given by:
Really like the leon not a fan of the new one tho

Not a proper german whip tho is it Wink
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Seat are Spanish ;D
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
How in any way are they vag as people brand them pretty sure that's Volkswagen Audi Group?
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
seat is part of the vw group

Its basically a mk4 golf

with audi tt engine and running gear
Thanks given by:
Always had a soft spot for these! Cupra R spec of just wheels showing a replica? Smile
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(17-05-2014, 10:02 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: How in any way are they vag as people brand them pretty sure that's Volkswagen Audi Group?

Volkswagen Audi group own VW, Audi, Skoda, Seat and i believe Bentley.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(17-05-2014, 10:14 PM)Niall Wrote:
(17-05-2014, 10:02 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: How in any way are they vag as people brand them pretty sure that's Volkswagen Audi Group?

Volkswagen Audi group own VW, Audi, Skoda, Seat and i believe Bentley.

Plus Lamborghini.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(17-05-2014, 10:12 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Always had a soft spot for these! Cupra R spec of just wheels showing a replica? Smile

Full fat R!
Thanks given by:
VAG encompasses:

Volkswagen
Audi
Bentley
Ducati
Lamborghini
Scania
Seat
Skoda

And many tuning and sub companies associated or affiliated to the above.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Also, VAG doesn't stand for Volkswagen Audi Group, the AG is a German word for joint-company, or something. In the UK they just call it Volkswagen Group, or just 'group'
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft. Oh and you can't forget Porsche and Bugatti...
Thanks given by:
Looks sweet mate

wat are these standard?220 bhp?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
225! Sure is nice when the turbo spools!
Thanks given by:
Nice Loen fella!! Iv got the ibiza fr but unfortunately I only have 220bhp D: haha
Thanks given by:
(17-05-2014, 10:27 PM)Curt Wrote: Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft. Oh and you can't forget Porsche and Bugatti...

You can. Their both shit lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Off for a drive out to north Wales (near balance) to a lake with some mates today
Thanks given by:
Very nice, always liked these..
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2014, 09:02 AM)Niall Wrote: You can. Their both shit lol

You saying something is shit... That makes a change Wink
Thanks given by:
(17-05-2014, 10:27 PM)Curt Wrote: Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft. Oh and you can't forget Porsche and Bugatti...

Properly the better ones out of the vag range tbh. Prefer a Porsche to a skoda anyday
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2014, 03:18 PM)Matt Wrote:

Properly the better ones out of the vag range tbh. Prefer a Porsche to a skoda anyday

Nah porsche is just a posh beetle lol. Out of the lot of them id have a ridiculous drift spec Scannia :p
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(18-05-2014, 05:57 PM)Niall Wrote: . Out of the lot of them id have a ridiculous drift spec Scannia :p

Oooh one of the bonneted T series Scanias with something along the lines of a 600hp V8 engine...
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2014, 07:03 PM)DavidA Wrote:
(18-05-2014, 05:57 PM)Niall Wrote: . Out of the lot of them id have a ridiculous drift spec Scannia :p

Oooh one of the bonneted T series Scanias with something along the lines of a 600hp V8 engine...

Yeah think volvo have done a UK bonneted one now as well. They do look amazing and would look even better sideways at 70mph with coal spewing out of the top :p
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Lovely cars these, and a lot of car for the money! If only I did half the annual mileage Sad

Looked at the TDi's and the 130s are thin on the ground and pricey! A 1.8T is faster and cheaper but it would skint me on fuel bills. What's this do? 28-35ish mpg?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Nice ThumbsUp

I've never been a fan of anything VAG based on the Mk4 Golf chassis up until I drove one of these, but the Cupra R is a nice bit of kit and drives and handles quite nicely (unlike about everything else Mk4 Golf based!). Engine is a bit soulless, but it certainly shifts along at a fair old rate.

I'm bemused why these weren't more popular when they were new as they were a bargain back then for the performance on offer - they were something like £17k from memory - and were far more appealing then the lame Mk4 Golf GTi ever was from a drivers point of view. All I can think is that the Seat badge and slightly drab interior put some off, and those wanting performance on a budget turned to the Octavia vRS instead.

Brother has one the same as yours (black 04 plate) and it's been pretty reasonable reliability wise over the 3-4 years he's had it - from memory, besides consumables like brakes and tyres it's had the usual 1.8T coilpacks, a broken window regulator, rear calipers and something else that I've forgotten now.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
I took it to north Wales and it would out handle any 6 in the twisties. Was a f*cking epic machine. My mate has a remapped 257 bhp mk4 r32. Our cars were identical. Speed, power to weight even down to fuel... To the mile. Believe it or not! And mine is a standard 225!

I love this car already. Few teething problems atm but once it's sorted it will be epic. Specially with a stage 1 map and some breathing mods!

Oh and car.

I did 45miles on a tenner. But that included racing a gsxr750!

Normally averaging about 25 tbh.
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2014, 03:32 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: Lovely cars these, and a lot of car for the money! If only I did half the annual mileage Sad

Looked at the TDi's and the 130s are thin on the ground and pricey! A 1.8T is faster and cheaper but it would skint me on fuel bills. What's this do? 28-35ish mpg?

Thought I'd add Iv been gettin an average of 26mpg out of mine over the last year but I do really short journeys and just can't help but put my foot down, would imagine it would be around the 30-35mpg if driven on proper distances and with a gentle right foot. I have had mine at 40 somthing mpg on a long run but mine suffers with motorways as only have the 5 speed
Thanks given by:
Go derv Wink
Using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: