2.2 intercooler pipe?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.2 intercooler pipe?
Hi all does this attach to standard rubber joiner off turbo. As im at that stage now and doesn't look like it does.
Thanks given by:
if its the c5 u need a 41mm long leg 90° bud
Thanks given by:
No it's the 406 2.2 one mate. Im sure someone said ir connects straight to standard pipe. But just looks abit tight. I didn't want to go cutting the standard recirc pipe and then it doesn't fit as I will be screwed.
Thanks given by:
Well I realise I should have got the 110 bottom pipe instead. but hopefully now I have just bought a silicone 90° it will fit.
Thanks given by:
is it the one thats just round? with a small inlet on one end and big outlet on the other?

Im sure mine was off a c5 but they might be the same. If so its the long legged 90 u need then Smile
Thanks given by:
Kind of mate yeh. From offering it up looks like I just need the 90 I hope. So will give it ago next weekend.
Thanks given by:
have you a picture of it and I could confirm?
Thanks given by:
Same as this mate.
Thanks given by:
aye looks the same as mine, the 90 will sort it.
Thanks given by:
Sweet cheers I've just got the standard 90 but looks rather large so may have to cut it down a tad. Do you have to cut standard recirc pipe off?

I mean standard as in silicone samco not long legged. But stll lools as though it will work Smile
Thanks given by:
yeah the 41mm (think its 41?) are usually long legged anyway mate.

I done mine with the engine out as it just so happened I was swapping engines anyway.

Think most so cut it in hakf though yeah.
Thanks given by:
(17-05-2014, 05:16 PM)mattyh24hdi Wrote: Well I realise I should have got the 110 bottom pipe instead. but hopefully now I have just bought a silicone 90° it will fit.

No you shouldnt, the HDi 110 pipe is shit, its restrictive and it needs cut down at the end which in turn weakens it which leads to boost leaks.

The 2.2 HDi pipe and appropriate 90*silicone is the only sensible option.
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys I think it should be sorted now then Smile I may get some pictures of it when done so people can see nothing out there showing you.
Thanks given by:
That would be good, i will be fitting mine very soon, so would be handy to see pictures.
Thanks given by:
Yeh ill try get some must remember as it will help alot of people out.
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2014, 08:29 PM)mattyh24hdi Wrote: Yeh ill try get some must remember as it will help alot of people out.

Nice one !
Thanks given by:
im taking my engine out I can show you boys what way it sits when the engines out
Thanks given by:
There's not much to see tbf, it'll only go on one way lol. It's only called the c5 pipe because that's what Chris found one on, it's actually the 2.2HDi pipe, as you've worked out by the looks of it.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Just cause youve seen it and know what way it goes, makes it seem easy.

Same for myself.

I know when I was doing it before I was worried about how it would all fit together but its easy now ive done it.

Wee photo or two would help im sure.
Thanks given by:
As above, i have got all the bits but keep putting it off, a few pics would be really useful.
Thanks given by:
I have some guys but like poodle says can't really see alot from it.

All the pics are upside down I think
Thanks given by:
That looks right though dude. Think I would of run the PAS pipe a little differently IIRC. It does make alot more sense once you've done a few times.
Thanks given by:
Yeh I understand now mate hard to make sense of it before doing it. I must admit worst job I've ever done on a car. My engine conversion from astra to saab turbo was easier than this little job. Hope it makes sense to people who don't know.
Thanks given by:
worst job you have ever done ?

Why is it so bad?
Thanks given by:
Yeh mate just everything is so tight can't get to anything. Standard pipe was a bitch to get out had to cut it. Would be a lot easier on a ramp. But at the same time so so worth it made a big difference. Just got to try and fit the manual boost controller now. Then I can go stage 2 but that seems to be even worse to get to than doing the intercooler.
Thanks given by:
Yeah i can imagine it is difficult to get at everything.
I will be doing it on a ramp when i do mine, but it is just one of those jobs i keep putting off.
Thanks given by:
[Image: nujyjyta.jpg]

This is the way its routed at the back with the 2.2 pipe. The black pipes hanging down the bottom as it isnt fitted in the car but will give you an idea of the routing.
Thanks given by:
That makes it a bit easier thanks ! I read that you had to cut one of the legs of the 41mm 90 degree to make it a bit shorter.

Hopefully will get it sorted in the next few weeks.
Thanks given by:
That's a better picture ^^^^^^ you can make more sense of that.
Thanks given by:
All the pics were helpful, thanks
Do you have any other pics of the rest of the fmic ?

Cheers Titch
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HDi lower intercooler pipe HDi--Power 5 1,573 05-12-2014, 07:19 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo