rover metro gta

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rover metro gta
i thought id show you how the car has changed since the 6 years of ownership!
As i haven't really showed how much the car has changed.
back in 2008 when the car came, priced for 180 quid,

[Image: DSCF1196.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1199.jpg]

[Image: thRoverMetroGTA16VFlame0201.jpg]

the 1.4 16v engine that was in it,
so after a couple of years in sorcing parts and getting the car back to a car again.
( working state and bodywork repaired)
the full interior was back in the car.

[Image: Picture125.jpg]
[Image: Picture110-1.jpg]

[Image: 2014-05-02160339_zpsf844b9fa.jpg]

then 4 years ago
from this
[Image: thRoverMetroGTA16VFlame0201.jpg]
to this
[Image: IMG01862-20131125-1342_zpsb7af5a6f.jpg]

and now this
[Image: 2014-02-03162954_zps2eb1c8b1.jpg]

also from when it finally brought on the road,
4x4 look, with wide steelies
[Image: 003-29.jpg]

more sleeper look with skinnys
[Image: 005-28.jpg]

[Image: 009-14.jpg]

current stance now

[Image: 172.jpg]

[Image: 174.jpg]

interior wise things changed too,
[Image: RoverMetroGTA16VFlame0272.jpg]
The Rover 100 steering wheel was swopped, for my donor mgf one

[Image: 2014-03-21145351_zps5c40708c.jpg]

which was swopped for a early Rover 200 wedge coupe one

[Image: 2014-03-21151419_zpsea855ee2.jpg]

also the seat belts and matching rear pockets
dark seat belts,[Image: 012.jpg]
replaced with later gta red belts.

[Image: 010-13.jpg]

front spot lamp system wired in OEM ( 1st generation came on with full beam) now comes on with dipped beam instead. so i don't have to engage full beam.
[Image: 126.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hard to believe its had some f*cking money spent on it! That's only a taster of what i have done, ( may not seam a lot really) But a lot has gone on behind the scenes. making sure the car is running well. As i have had to iron out a few problems. Also throw in some upgrades after tweaks.
So the cars full spec
Lotus elise S2 vvc engine mated to MGF none vvc engine
Rear mgf cans upfront
Gti/gta rear cans at the back
Front and rear arb
adjustable rear droop stops,
Adjustable rear tie bar
A uprated gear box mount and sleeve.
Think diesel rad with the twin fan setup. (front fan kicks in mpi ecu controlled , rear kicks in spi fan switch controlled.
mgf/gti front brakes,
mgf yellow band steering rack ( shorter turn than the metro one)
after market temp gauges, more to fit and upgrade i think.
exhaust is a standard metro gti decated system.
ITG panel filter
Land rover alternator and mgf vvc starter motor,
306 Hdi heavy duty battery
front 100 watt bulbs and R100 rear lights
50watt spots, soon to be upgraded, as these have had it now.
so that's if for 6 years of work!

next up, will be exhaust and front dampers i think this year. then we can start looking at bodywork, as i think it requires a good overhaul, needs a new passenger side sill and my rear archs are not going to last for ever! Plus i think the floor maybe away, but it still seems solid.
just have to wait and see how the little 90s hatch powers on.
Thanks given by:
I had a Rover 414 SLi which was tweaked by Moto-Build back in the late 90s and that went nicely, so I can only imagine what a VVC in a smaller car would be like...bet it's a great drive.

Would love to see one of those engines in a Mini...it's what Rover should have done.
Thanks given by:
(16-05-2014, 05:34 AM)DavidA Wrote: I had a Rover 414 SLi which was tweaked by Moto-Build back in the late 90s and that went nicely, so I can only imagine what a VVC in a smaller car would be like...bet it's a great drive.

Would love to see one of those engines in a Mini...it's what Rover should have done.

you do get them in minis, have a youtube, also the engine from this went to a mini owner. not sure how he got on with that in the end sadly.
Thanks given by:
my mate used to have the 1.4 twin cam model as a field car. it went like shit of a shovel. bit of a shame though as theyre getting really rare
Thanks given by:
(16-05-2014, 03:01 PM)willJspears Wrote: my mate used to have the 1.4 twin cam model as a field car. it went like shit of a shovel. bit of a shame though as theyre getting really rare

a few bits are getting hard to find now, the arbs are one, as the racers look for those.
As most of the gtis now are survivors, so all the rotters have died out now.
I did take this out when it was a 1.4 16v to test it, and I have to say, it spooked my dad, as he wasn't expecting it to be as nippy, He has drove it with the vvc engine in a few times, the last time, he nearly binned the car.
Thanks given by:
(16-05-2014, 03:19 PM)procta Wrote:
(16-05-2014, 03:01 PM)willJspears Wrote: my mate used to have the 1.4 twin cam model as a field car. it went like shit of a shovel. bit of a shame though as theyre getting really rare

a few bits are getting hard to find now, the arbs are one, as the racers look for those.
I did take this out when it was a 1.4 16v to test it, and I have to say, it spooked my dad, as he wasn't expecting it to be as nippy, He has drove it with the vvc engine in a few times, the last time, he nearly binned the car.

yeah, this one failed the mot due to rusted chassis and bodywork. Could of done the work on it to get it through but was only 15 at the time and driving on the road seemed at bit far away at that age. Shame really
Thanks given by:
I still want a ride in this at some point. Come to FCS!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(16-05-2014, 01:47 PM)procta Wrote: you do get them in minis

I've seen an article in one of the Mini mags where they put the engine from an Elise in a Mini van which had basketball court flooring in the back, but it would have been good if Rover had done it themselves.
Thanks given by:
(16-05-2014, 04:26 PM)willJspears Wrote:
(16-05-2014, 03:19 PM)procta Wrote:

yeah, this one failed the mot due to rusted chassis and bodywork. Could of done the work on it to get it through but was only 15 at the time and driving on the road seemed at bit far away at that age. Shame really

mine are still ok I think, but I wouldn't be surprised if it needs new floor pans in now,
I have thought about changing the shell for a none sunroof one. As the floors and sills are stronger. but its got to be a earlier one.

(16-05-2014, 04:50 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: I still want a ride in this at some point. Come to FCS!
I haven't forgot about you liam, as you have been following it since the dawn of time! .

(16-05-2014, 07:45 PM)DavidA Wrote:
(16-05-2014, 01:47 PM)procta Wrote: you do get them in minis

I've seen an article in one of the Mini mags where they put the engine from an Elise in a Mini van which had basketball court flooring in the back, but it would have been good if Rover had done it themselves.

you do get some daft engines dropped in minis, the laugh is the 1.4k series in a mini, is like a vvc metro. If only rover had done a 1.8 in a metro and a mini I think rover might have got some where better.
Thanks given by:
Not as rare as a Turbo... Miss my Flame red MG Metro Turbo. Sold to a mate then he sold it to a kid near Bath who bought it for his Mini :angry: When he eventually got the engine in the donor Mini he put the shell on ebay and now it looks like this:-

[Image: MyMetroTurbo.jpg]

... Although it's now orange RWD Saab Turbo 300+hp. (pictured was RWD Rx-8 circa 240hp)

Proper little sleeper you have there!
  2001 Onyx Black 306 HDi Dturbo
[Image: 37c8a52a-43f7-4f95-b11a-9e912fe2446a_zpsf69cda28.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(28-05-2014, 09:59 PM)Ari Wrote: Not as rare as a Turbo... Miss my Flame red MG Metro Turbo. Sold to a mate then he sold it to a kid near Bath who bought it for his Mini :angry: When he eventually got the engine in the donor Mini he put the shell on ebay and now it looks like this:-

[Image: MyMetroTurbo.jpg]

... Although it's now orange RWD Saab Turbo 300+hp. (pictured was RWD Rx-8 circa 240hp)

Proper little sleeper you have there!

Ah I read about your metro on the gti 6 forum! the mini owners have a lot to answer for with the mk1 and mk2 metros mind! specially the mg and turbo models!
laugh is the mini cooks the turbos, so its not worth turboing them.
nice to see the shell was saved and made into a well hard core car!
sad thing with this car now, I have just pulled the car off the road sadly, after nearly 3 years of on the road and 6 years of building, Due to the mot failure.

With them been rare up here in north east, they make cracking sleepers! as no one suspects metros to move! the shock look on peoples faces are priceless!
I took my date out in it, about a month ago, and she loves it! I think she loves metros more than me now lol.
Thanks given by:
Yea great little cars I think would love another one day VVC is a good sleeper conversion!
  2001 Onyx Black 306 HDi Dturbo
[Image: 37c8a52a-43f7-4f95-b11a-9e912fe2446a_zpsf69cda28.jpg]
Thanks given by:
well this shell is dead now, sadly 6 years have come to an end last week. Sad

(03-06-2014, 11:07 PM)Ari Wrote: Yea great little cars I think would love another one day VVC is a good sleeper conversion!

have a look on one my threads, ( street sleeper is reborn)
Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rover Metro 1.1s procta 3 1,880 11-07-2014, 01:01 PM
Last Post: procta