Vitara, what engine is in this

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vitara, what engine is in this
Looking at buying a 4x4, been looking at a 2002 vitara, can anyone confirm this is a RHZ 2.0 hdi engine?

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motor...to-content
Thanks given by:
they did indeed use the HDi engine.

Easy to spot when lifting bonnet, can still see the unused engine mount on cambelt end!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Are they any good? looking for something for winter/work and not worry about other drivers denting more of my cars with there doors
Thanks given by:
bit meh imo. Seems a bodge when you look how they put it in.

Be a good donor car for mad XUD off roadness though!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Think il go have a look at it, i was wanting a old xud one for years but cant find one, seen a photo of one on hear and decided it time too look again. have been trying to get a 4x4 kangoo for the last few weeks but there too rare/crap
Thanks given by:
yeah good ones are hard to come by.. i have a commercial (old style XUD engined one) hence i am on here

be warned, the RHZ engines (most of them are fitted with mazda units) some have immo issues, which requires much pennies if it goes wrong and it sometimes just suddenly goes.. however there are ways, and people who i know that are knowledgeable, and i know of at least 2 ways to disable the immobiliser but it requires the use of a soldering iron and may well brick the ECU

i would personally get the LWB older style one in the Diesel, less leccy bits to go wrong, about an inch higher chassis wise, but less refined and with less goodies and creature comforts

look for rust at the bottom of the lower seatbelt mounts in the front, rear footwells, and under the seatbelt mounts/boot floor where they join onto the rear arches.

obvious signs of problems from the HDi,

check the 4x4 works, if this has auto hubs, then it will likely have a small air pump that comes on when you stick it in 4wd, you may have to roll the car slightly forward for it to engage, but do so, and try to turn the front shafts by hand (if locked you shouldn't be able to).

Stick it out for a nice one, i have seen them go as low as 45000 miles for that price, sometimes less.. gold ones sell rediculously cheap..

i am looking for an older style, LWB V6 personally because they sound ammaaaaaazing when ragged..

hold out for a commercial, i know of at least 2 for sale now, look at suzuki spares uk group on facebook, one on there for sale now. (is offroad modified tho)
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
What year should i be looking for, im in the north of scotland and dont really want to travel for a cheep car

Iv got the price of that one down to 1200 so far, welding is no problem so if i can get it down more on that it would be good
Thanks given by:
those vitaras were from 2001 to 2008 or so, so pretty much the youngest you can get, with the least mileage..

you might have to travel,

if you want the commercial (old style) then most of them are 2001
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
That one in the link looks the lowest miles and price within 250 miles of me, there are no old ones, that are diesel anywhere near me
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suzuki vitara 1.9 td xud on ebay Paul_13 4 991 09-11-2014, 10:03 PM
Last Post: toseland