Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flat spots running Veg?? read on >>>>
(15-05-2014, 10:51 AM)Ruan Wrote: Soon as the pump begins to drop internal pressure due to sucking veg, you INSTANTLY drop timing, it's a finely balanced system that if there's any suction going on, it'll instantly retard the pump back to base timing.

As far as I can see, soon as you start running veg - bam you've probably lost 5* of timing midrange, by the time you're past 3800rpm, it's struggling so bad to get fuel, the timing is right back at stock position.

So to come back to this....
With veg, part of the issue is using up the fuel and not being able to replace it as quickly than with diesel. So how to cure?
One option is heating it to reduce the viscosity. The downside of doing this is that it will over time make your fuel lines and the inside of your pump look like a chip pan.

So I'm coming back to what I wrote above:

Quote:If the dynamic advance operates on the pressure differential, should the thicker fuel therefore not mean lower pressure and more advance ? - in an ideal world where supply is not an issue.
Is it therefore just that it's more a lack of fuel which is the problem causing the drop in advance?
Still pondering if it's worth while trying to maintain IPP using an inline pump to boost the pressure on veg. A very low pressure but something that doesn't cause the pump to rely on sucking the veg up. I've experienced the difference that it makes whilst faffing around on the corsa with a pressurised fuel container.
Doesn't always have to run, could just be on WOT at higher revs.

Oh and the next proper build for veg is having an engine bay insulated swirl pot and hard lines. I'm done chasing air leaks and having starvation.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Flat spots running Veg?? read on >>>> - by nominous - 03-12-2014, 12:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flat spots in acceleration Andy annear 7 2,121 14-08-2013, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Matt