Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flat spots running Veg?? read on >>>>
Thumbs Up 
Just a heads up for those who run veg like myself, been running it for nearly 4 years now . .

anyway we all know the dance, accelerating through the rev range, you get to 3 or 4k or whatever and it feels like you've hit a brick wall, car stops pulling, smoke out the back, it carries on a bit then stops again . . . . .

it's very annoying, now i've always felt that once the engine's warmed up and the veg has recirculated for a good while warming the tank that there's not a massive difference between veg and diesel, (diesel from cold definitely pulls a lot harder) but still it gets lumpy higher up the rev range (veg that is).

anyway i'm going to stop rambling on, i took my Bosch apart on the car the other day and replaced the main seal between top and bottom and also the throttle shaft seal, pump had been weeping veg for a good while, long story short, still on 100% veg and she pulls all the way round to 5k without lumps now.

i guess the crux of the matter is thus, veg is harder to pump than diesel and if you have any air ingress therefore loss of IPP (internal pump pressure) then it's magnified when you use veg . . . . . .

go and sort your pumps out people . . .

peace out Smile x
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Flat spots running Veg?? read on >>>> - by Mattcheese31 - 13-05-2014, 06:51 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flat spots in acceleration Andy annear 7 2,118 14-08-2013, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Matt