Greetings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings
Hi there,

I've got a 306 SLDT Sedan which was meant to be a run around for a few months, but it looks like I'm going to keep it - which means mods.

I've already fitted a boost gauge (that I found in the drawer at work) thanks to the help from this forum Smile Next on the list is figuring out how I stopped the lighting on the speedo/rev counter working when I removed the clocks....
Thanks given by:
Welcome, as for the clocks, first place to start would be the fuses, then the bulbs. Get a multimeter across them. Its worth checking the little component that controls the brightness of the instrument lightning. (unsure what its called). If you havnt got one there will be a plug behind where it should be, check that's its plugged in.
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome along
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(13-05-2014, 07:49 AM)willJspears Wrote: Welcome, as for the clocks, first place to start would be the fuses, then the bulbs. Get a multimeter across them. Its worth checking the little component that controls the brightness of the instrument lightning. (unsure what its called). If you havnt got one there will be a plug behind where it should be, check that's its plugged in.

I've checked that - my car doesn't have the dimmer, just two loom ends with nothing plugged in! The one with two wires plugs into a loop and with that unplugged I get no lights at all - so I'm guessing this would be where the dimmer would be if fitted. If with that plugged in, I get all the dash lights as normal except the speedometer and rev counter. I'm guessing I may have tweaked a bulb or something when I had the clocks out - that'll be my next try.

Thank you for the greetings and help Smile
Thanks given by:
Welcome the club Big Grin
Thanks given by:
welcome to the forum Hello
Thanks given by:
Welcome...not many sedans Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I wrote a couple of articles about it for a friend's website a while back http://petrolblog.com/tag/shatchbacks/
Thanks given by:
welcome along
Thanks given by: