head skim etc...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
head skim etc...
Had a rotten head on my gti so ive got a complete engine from a xsara vts 51 reg that runs well...touch wood. Im gonna have the head off get it skimmed and fit new head gasket (its never been off before), lighten the flywheel, any other things I should be doing for a small gain? Matched inlet manifold? Much point?

Does anyone have any cams for sale out of interest?

Are the vts injectors the same as the gti ones?

Anything else I need to watch out for when swapping them over as its gonna be running the original ecu not the vts one?

Got some c5 alloy steels to put on as well, I'm trying to go for as little rotational weight as possible, so is it worth getting alloy pulleys to go with light flywheel?

Car is running a devil decat straight through to a 3 inch magnex box btw with standard air box btw , any more ideas of what i should be doing while the car is in bits apart from fitting the xsara rack which I've got, ta
Thanks given by:
if you have a complete engine leave it complete and fit it, no need to take it apart.

phase2 xsara injectors are different as well as a few other bits, exhaust manifold.

basically swap over anything which is not the same.

fitting a solid pulley is worthwhile as it will ensure the timing is correct, the original ones are notorious for breaking down and causing misalignment.
Thanks given by:
(10-05-2014, 03:56 PM)welshpug Wrote: if you have a complete engine leave it complete and fit it, no need to take it apart.

phase2 xsara injectors are different as well as a few other bits, exhaust manifold.

basically swap over anything which is not the same.

fitting a solid pulley is worthwhile as it will ensure the timing is correct, the original ones are notorious for breaking down and causing misalignment.

Are the xsara injectors better?

I thought seeing as it was out of the car and its done 95 k without one it may be worth doing?

Is it worth removing the ac compressor for a pulley or just leave it on? Ive removed pipes and rad?
Thanks given by:
no, they're just different.

if its working, leave it alone.

as for the ac, you could just get it re-gassed, or fit the non ac belt and tensioners.
Thanks given by: