how much to drop?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how much to drop?
Want to lower my 306, but not really low. just so it looks neat! its sat far too high as standard in my opinion but I don't want to 'slam' it... i was thinking 30-40mm? just so the gap in the arch round the wheel is pretty equal.
1.9 diesel Phase 2 - scrapped
1.8 meridian Phase 3 - going strong!
Thanks given by:
There was a thread on here recently with a load of pics if 40 mm drop. That's what mine is. Perfect for me
I hate slammed cars but each to there own I guess
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
normally a thread a week on this subject of how much drop.

if you like 40mm drop...then do it,
if you like 60mm drop...then do it,
etc
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
If you want a subtle drop without ruining ride quality and handling, 20mm.
If you want a more substantial drop without ruining the handling too much, 40mm.
If you are determined to ruin your handling for looks, 60mm.
If you want to utterly destroy the good handling 306s are famous for whilst looking like your car is broken, more than 60mm.

Hope this helps. lmao
I'm sure someone with a 110mm dropped speed-bump scraper is going to argue otherwise, but the reality is that without other changes to the suspension geometry lowering a standard road car significantly means the suspension geometry is out of whack, not to mention that this is usually in conjunction with springs that are far too stiff.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
40mm usually please most people and if its on shocks doesn't complete wreck the ride quality.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
on springs you only have the option of 40 and 60mm. Obviously on coilovers you can adjust.

I suggest you use 40mm if you dont want it slammed and catching on everything.
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2014, 03:39 PM)SRowell Wrote: on springs you only have the option of 40 and 60mm. Obviously on coilovers you can adjust.

I suggest you use 40mm if you dont want it slammed and catching on everything.

Xsara VTS springs and shocks will give you a drop of approximately 20mm on a gti-6 apparently, not sure on other 306 models with other engines though.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the replies guys! 40mm it is, from what everyones said it sounds like the best option.
1.9 diesel Phase 2 - scrapped
1.8 meridian Phase 3 - going strong!
Thanks given by: