Detailing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Detailing
Anyone into detailing on here? Got a few bits to do my own car. Just wondered about tips tricks of the trade any help would be nice
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
What you wanting to know? There's a few detailers on here that use a variety of products.
I tend to stick to what I know which is auto glymm, but the fact that I get it cheap does help the decision.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Basically I've got a solid/non.mettalic paint to bring up nice. Not sure how to.go about it. Want to cut it right back then polish up. I've got some evo restore. Thinking about using that then a fine compound the auto glym super resin to put shine back on. Maybe buy a wax to seal it. I've got a orbital polisher to help with all of this too.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
What colour is it? And have you got any pictures so we can see what were dealing with.
Thanks given by:
[attachment=16086] this colour it's only pic I've got on phone

I would take some better pictures today but it's chucking it down Sad no detailing the while weekend I think
Thanks given by:
Don't forget SRP is a top polish, it's not a cutting compound it's just full of fillers. Gives a beautiful finish on an already detailed car, but no restoration,
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
That's why I've got the 2 cutting ones. Any recommendations
Thanks given by:
Dunno mate, I've been avoiding giving mine a proper polish for ages, would love to get it machine polished but can't justify buying a machine for the little use it'll get, I'm too poor!

What wax you got?
Thanks given by:
That's the only.thing I'm short of atm. Not sure what one to buy

I have a machine. Also tool station do a cheapy one for £20
Thanks given by:
What you looking for, put and out shine? Or durability? If you want a wax that will last forever look for collinite, its ridiculously stubborn stuff, I've had it bead after washing a car that hasn't been waxed for about 3000 and 6 months through winter.

If you want it to look its absolute best then poorboys nattys paste wax in the appropriate colour for you car is also epic, and smells amazing!
Thanks given by:
I was.lookong into poor boys. Want a nice shine once it's done. I'm not to fussed about longevity of it. I can wax regular If need be. I enjoy it
Thanks given by:
(10-05-2014, 10:34 AM)tombarnard1989 Wrote: I was.lookong into poor boys. Want a nice shine once it's done. I'm not to fussed about longevity of it. I can wax regular If need be. I enjoy it

I would start by claying the car after you've given it a good wash. Then look at a light cutting compound, are you doing it by hand or machine? As machine would be better.
Thanks given by:
Machine Smile it looks like I'll be able to clay it today now Smile brightend up
Thanks given by: