Finally....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally....
I've finally got a car and I know it won't be most peoples cup of tea but it's...

136 bhp version
81k FSH
Cambelt kit fitted
2007 reg
Cheapish tax
Silent engine no noise at all from the lump on start up/stop
4 brand new tyres fitted to sell it.
£20 + derv in it

The niggles

Aircon not working properly-may need a regas but not bothered
Slight paint blemishes
Cup holder lid broken

[Image: vu7y5yja.jpg][Image: ezuvupaq.jpg][Image: qany3a3a.jpg]
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Christ. Are you a family man?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I am Matt, I have a family lol

Like I said before, fun has been taken away from my car choice but economics has been added

Thanks given by:
It's the emissions shit you need to be wary of! Otherwise quite luxurious barges. I never could get the one a relative had me look at started!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
The dpf has been serviced regularly according to the service history but I would have this and DMF issue with any new derv, this one was worth the risk as serviced regardless of cost with low miles

I had to commit to something and this was the cleanest car I found with an honest owner Smile

Fingers crossed now I've jinxed it lol

Thanks given by:
(04-05-2014, 03:12 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: I am Matt, I have a family lol

Like I said before, fun has been taken away from my car choice but economics has been added

Why does having a family take away your car choice?

You just have to look at other options!

Hence the alfa we have
175bhp standard
50+ mpg raising to nearly 60 on a run
Handles not too bad
Plenty of room for family stuff
Thanks given by:
I looked at Alfas mate but parts etc were more than a hdi so stuck with what I knew plus I couldn't find a newish one with FSH.

Mainly the insurance raped me on a Alfa living in Bristol, the 407 was the cheapest for a powerfulish car

I did find an awesome gt coupe but not practical with a family, Gosia loved it as well...which is odd lol

Thanks given by:
Not sure where you looked for parts for the alfa but i don't find them any more expensive than any other car.

As for insurance I don't think £400 a year fully comp is bad
Thanks given by:
I quite like them to be fair, lots of potential, but presumably it won't be getting fettled with?
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Good choice, I like them Smile
Thanks given by:
I'm not keen in the family wagon tbh. But each to their own. Certainly a lot of car for your money
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Meh.
Side and back looks very generic and the front's features are too big and dopey. But if it ticks all the boxes and has a familiar engine then enjoy it Smile
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Tbh, I like it alot. Looks a whole lot of car for your money.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nice Car . I like them Smile
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2014, 04:06 PM)swampy Wrote: Not sure where you looked for parts for the alfa but i don't find them any more expensive than any other car.

As for insurance I don't think £400 a year fully comp is bad

I looked at average prices, didn't really spend too much time looking really. Are Alfas better to work on now, when I did my apprenticeship in an Alfa garage they were a pain lol...but that 4 pot petrol sound [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️

Insurance was 800 fully comp!!!

(04-05-2014, 04:07 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: I quite like them to be fair, lots of potential, but presumably it won't be getting fettled with?

Never say never but i don't intend to yet, unless I find a leather interior cheap. Wheels maybe a possibility when the new tyres die Smile. I think 136 bhp will do, mapping cars with DMF makes them fail quicker from what I've read...the tinterweb could be wrong lol

Thanks for your positive comments guys Smile

(04-05-2014, 04:31 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Meh.
Side and back looks very generic and the front's features are too big and dopey. But if it ticks all the boxes and has a familiar engine then enjoy it Smile

True but as Charlie said, daddy it's a frog lol

More pics from the advert

[Image: e8u6upem.jpg]

[Image: e7y9y3yj.jpg]

[Image: 2eqagy4u.jpg]

[Image: y7epuhe7.jpg]

[Image: pyte2aqa.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Like Smile there was a slammed black one on eBay last week, looked gangster!
Thanks given by:
As said, as far as modern day cars go they're not bad lookers, at least they're 'different'. The Coupe still looks very good, and they're incredibly rare too.

I hope it serves you well bud.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2014, 06:40 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Like Smile there was a slammed black one on eBay last week, looked gangster!

I think if I did this, my partner would slam me. lmao

I need to drive it more than 10 mins to decide if it needs a cheeky lower or just bigger rims. I have found a slight issue though, the rear hub/bottom of strut is very low to the floor as it is Sad

(04-05-2014, 07:23 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: As said, as far as modern day cars go they're not bad lookers, at least they're 'different'. The Coupe still looks very good, and they're incredibly rare too.

I hope it serves you well bud.

I did look at the rest mate and focus/mondeo etc they may have better handling but they were...just boring as they all look like the same euro box

The 407 takes me back to the bonkers DS, love it or hate it..simples

I'd love to get some vented coupe bumpers and some half leathers as I don't like the full leather design or a hot arse in the summer lol

Thanks given by:
Watch out for bottom ball joints.

And dying from boredom whilst driving it
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2014, 08:05 PM)Piggy Wrote: Watch out for bottom ball joints.

Everything's good currently but thanks, are they prone??

And I will, who knows I might just throw on some taxi plates to get the full effect lol

Thanks given by:
Yeah they are.

They aint actually ball joints but a full roller bearing pressed onto the bottom of the hub
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2014, 08:29 PM)Piggy Wrote: Yeah they are.

They aint actually ball joints but a full roller bearing pressed onto the bottom of the hub

Called frip joints. No idea why though. Always go. But then again not that expensive to do.yourself so doesn't matter
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
what are these like? as i read these were the best one of the 07 range.
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2014, 09:32 PM)procta Wrote: what are these like? as i read these were the best one of the 07 range.

For the 10 mins I drove it, it was very nice Smile.

I don't get to pick it up until Saturday lol

(04-05-2014, 09:30 PM)tombarnard1989 Wrote:

Called frip joints. No idea why though. Always go. But then again not that expensive to do.yourself so doesn't matter

Oh right tell me more? Smile

Thanks given by:
im a family man, still looking at 106 gtis lol.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2014, 09:48 PM)devils_fuel Wrote:
(04-05-2014, 09:32 PM)procta Wrote: what are these like? as i read these were the best one of the 07 range.

For the 10 mins I drove it, it was very nice Smile.

I don't get to pick it up until Saturday lol

(04-05-2014, 09:30 PM)tombarnard1989 Wrote:

Oh right tell me more? Smile

The next time we have one in at work I'll take some pictures of doing it. Just takes a knack tbh with you. Old one will pretty much fall off. Cold chisel the centre. Clean up then bang new one on. We have a nice drift to do then no need for a press can do them in situ.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Awesome Tom, if you share the technique as well that would be awesome Smile.

I know the double wishbone setup is comfy, I knew there would be a downside somewhere lol

Thanks given by:
They're easy enough I'll make sure i.mock something up for you Smile

Also going by the number plate your right local to me. I could show u if your close when ures go
Thanks given by:
Ha ha the plate is a liar, it's from Ipswich but I live in Bristol Smile

If you could mock something up for me that would be awesome!

Thanks given by:
I'll make sure the next one I get in I'll do a guide for you.
Thanks given by: