cone filter fitment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cone filter fitment
Ive seen this done on a few '6's where they have stuck a cone filter straight onto the end of the throttle body with no piping, but the top rad hose is in the way, is there another bit of hose that could be used to give clearance for a cone filter to stick straight on the throttle body?
Thanks given by:
I fit a cone filter on a gti6 manifold no problem. Depends if the filter is big though!
Thanks given by:
Aright, mines quite fat. I think i will have to look at for another rad hose that's got a bit of a bend in it to give a bit more clearance. Didn't know if anyone had done it before and what piping they used
Thanks given by:
I would be fitting some piping or a different filter instead of replacing the rad hose!
Thanks given by:
I have got a 45 degree bend bit of silicone hose that could go on the manifold but the clutch arm is in the way, will sort summin out
Thanks given by:
I used to use a short 45 degree directly off the throttle body onto the filter. Sat about 1cm below the rad hose. perfect place for some serious heat soak lol.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I have some hose and piping if you need it shagg
Thanks given by:
The one ive got has a 200mm leg length so tis a bit big

Ideally i would relocate the mechanism in front of the fuse box on the chassis leg (dunno what it is) and could make a nice cold air feed up with a bit of shielding
Thanks given by:
Get shot of battery(relocate) then you can do what I did Smile

[Image: 20130531_160414.jpg]
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GTI-6 cone fitting Jake949 4 1,410 30-07-2013, 10:37 PM
Last Post: cwspellowe