Anyone know what k&n model induction kit this is?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know what k&n model induction kit this is?
As above?
It sounds quite good but is around 10 year old now. Im either upgrading or putting back in the standard items as they are better for power I beleive

[attachment=15840]
Thanks given by:
not a proper gti6 one, looks like one for a small carb!!
Thanks given by:
Looks quite restrictive to me, whatever it was/is
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I thought it looked a bit strange!
What would you guys suggest replacing it with?
Thanks given by:
That looks like one that was on my old mini su carb
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2014, 02:12 PM)titch Wrote: That looks like one that was on my old mini su carb

So defo worth changing and not really supposed to be on the car then?
Thanks given by:
hell yeah, pop a proper filter on and its likely it'll be quicker.
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2014, 02:59 PM)welshpug Wrote: hell yeah, pop a proper filter on and its likely it'll be quicker.

thought so haha, anyone selling one?
Can you use induction kits from the 1.6s and 1.8s or is that rubbish ive picked up?
Thanks given by:
Ive got the exact one on my go kart carb. So yeah...get it changed Smile
Thanks given by:
you need the original inlet elbow even if you fit a proper K&N kit.
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2014, 03:16 PM)mr_fish Wrote: Ive got the exact one on my go kart carb. So yeah...get it changed Smile

haha what a spoon whoever put that on the car!
Cheers for the info!

(29-04-2014, 03:20 PM)welshpug Wrote: you need the original inlet elbow even if you fit a proper K&N kit.

Ok thanks for the info, can i use a 1.6/1.8 induction kit on it? theres no difference is there between hat and a one for a GTI6 engine?
Thanks given by:
You don't want to end up using a filter that is too small, no idea on filter size differences.
If you buy a kit, it comes with the mounting bracket as well, which if you've bought a 1.6/1.8 kit it will be in the wrong place. Having the original inlet elbow will make your inlet tract longer as well which should help along with a filter that isn't too small and old and clogged.

If you want to retain the nice sound but don't want something restrictive, a universal aftermarket filter from a good brand would be acceptable if you can figure out how to mount it, or the specific K&N 57i for the gti-6 which do pop up for sale every now and then. I run one of these behind an alloy shield.

I do have a BMC CDA for sale but I'm not sure it'd meet your needs as it isn't particularly easy to mount it without moving something else/having the cold air feed from a foglight.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2014, 03:49 PM)RetroPug Wrote: You don't want to end up using a filter that is too small, no idea on filter size differences.
If you buy a kit, it comes with the mounting bracket as well, which if you've bought a 1.6/1.8 kit it will be in the wrong place. Having the original inlet elbow will make your inlet tract longer as well which should help along with a filter that isn't too small and old and clogged.

If you want to retain the nice sound but don't want something restrictive, a universal aftermarket filter from a good brand would be acceptable if you can figure out how to mount it, or the specific K&N 57i for the gti-6 which do pop up for sale every now and then. I run one of these behind an alloy shield.

I do have a BMC CDA for sale but I'm not sure it'd meet your needs as it isn't particularly easy to mount it without moving something else/having the cold air feed from a foglight.

Thanks for the info!
Im wanting something cheap and easy enough to fit, with decent sound but not so much that it drowns over the exhaust note and also something which isnt restrictive, was thinking of the standard airbox with k&n filter in, or standard airbox with standard top end filter, or something like a pipercross induction kit etc
Thanks given by:
you need gti6 stuff, its all different.

K&N is a top end filter, dunno why you think a pipercross is higher end lol
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2014, 05:03 PM)welshpug Wrote: you need gti6 stuff, its all different.

K&N is a top end filter, dunno why you think a pipercross is higher end lol

Ah sweet, thanks!
Going to see what available, hopefully a standard airbox
Thanks given by:
Before i fitted my charger i always ran a K&N panel filter in the original box , best way IMO, K&N filter for the 6 is pretty cheap

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/K-N-Air-Filter...5d3894ca5a

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
The standard airbox with a good replacement filter is an excellent option.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2014, 06:06 PM)puglove Wrote: Before i fitted my charger i always ran a K&N panel filter in the original box , best way IMO, K&N filter for the 6 is pretty cheap

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/K-N-Air-Filter...5d3894ca5a

Thanks for the info and link!
That is pretty cheap compared to ones for other cars

(29-04-2014, 06:07 PM)RetroPug Wrote: The standard airbox with a good replacement filter is an excellent option.

Cheers
Thanks given by:
Ran the same filter as puglove and considering returning to it in the std. aribox and agree that it was great.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  S16 induction S16 4 1,655 27-11-2014, 07:05 PM
Last Post: RetroPug