My Cherry Rallye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Cherry Rallye
So after getting a bit bored of my Stage 1 HDI I decided to buy this;
Thanks given by:
Looks tidy. Plans?
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(28-04-2014, 09:18 PM)C2K Wrote: Looks tidy. Plans?

Cheers!

Plans;

1. Remove awful tow stickers on the back (DONE)
2. Give it a damn good wash! (been stood for a year outside) (DONE)
3. Fit new Waterpump
4. Fit new thermostat housing gasket
5. Fit new Timing Belt
6. Fit new brakes all round
7. Fit boot lock (2nd last owner removed all locks around the car!)
8.Put my good cyclones on with good tyres on from the HDI
9. MOT time
10. Tax it
11. Remove go kart carb k&n induction kit from 2003 and replace with standard airbox set up
12. Enjoy it as standard for as long as possible (standard bar full magnex exhaust)
13. Try and source a new front bonnet
Thanks given by:
Australian rallye,nice lol
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Colin at pug performance has a cherry red rallye bonnet sude
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
looks tidy mate, is it just the pictures that make the headlights look a bit frosted? or is just me?
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2014, 07:43 AM)willJspears Wrote: looks tidy mate, is it just the pictures that make the headlights look a bit frosted? or is just me?

All rallye are phase 2 so all have frosted headlights
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2014, 08:07 AM)7057sam Wrote:
(29-04-2014, 07:43 AM)willJspears Wrote: looks tidy mate, is it just the pictures that make the headlights look a bit frosted? or is just me?

ahhh i see, needs some crystals then imo
Thanks given by:
Please someone flip that first pic!!!

Much love here...my favourite model 306 in my favourite colour!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2014, 10:43 AM)willJspears Wrote:
(29-04-2014, 08:07 AM)7057sam Wrote:

ahhh i see, needs some crystals then imo

Yeah it defo needs crystals! haha
Il take them out of my HDI when I take that off the road when this comes out to play Tongue

(29-04-2014, 10:54 AM)Piggy Wrote: Please someone flip that first pic!!!

Much love here...my favourite model 306 in my favourite colour!!

Haha, theres lots more photos to upload, dont worry Wink
Just gave it a good wash today too

(29-04-2014, 05:50 AM)sam Wrote: Colin at pug performance has a cherry red rallye bonnet sude

Oh right nice one, is he on here?

Cheers and your question has already been answered before I even saw it haha

UPDATE

Tow stickers removed and a good wash;

[attachment=15839]

Can someone tell me why my photos keep showing upside down? Getting annoying now
Thanks given by:
Even upside down it looks good lol

Wish mine came up that well! look after it Smile
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2014, 02:53 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Even upside down it looks good lol

Wish mine came up that well! look after it Smile

Hahah thanks man!
Oh I will dont worry, ive decided theres always going to be at least one 306 in my life haha, hopefully the Rallye Smile although i do enjoy the laziness of being able to overtake in 5th on 60 roads in the HDI too
Looks much better in real life than in the photos, the photos just dont do the car justice :/
Thanks given by:
They are some real good tyres!! look really sticky Tongue

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
My old rallye from 10mins down the road from you B) was a while back when I had it tho. Looking good. I have a passenger side crystal headlight you can find a driver side one haha
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2014, 05:35 PM)puglove Wrote: They are some real good tyres!! look really sticky Tongue

Haha, theyre just full of dust from where the car is stored thats all Tongue Two of the tyres need changed anyway

(29-04-2014, 05:39 PM)eddy_gti6 Wrote: My old rallye from 10mins down the road from you B) was a while back when I had it tho. Looking good. I have a passenger side crystal headlight you can find a driver side one haha

Sound, thanks for the offer, just going to swap the crystals from my HDI to the Rallye when the Rallye comes out and the HDI goes into storage for a while
Thanks given by:
Looks very tidy. Looks like Sean's old Astor did shortly after he fell asleep... Too soon? D:
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2014, 09:17 PM)SRowell Wrote: Looks very tidy. Looks like Sean's old Astor did shortly after he fell asleep... Too soon? D:

Cheers!
Thanks given by:
Slow progress due to finances (and having another 306 to spend money on fixing etc) but a new part has been delivered by the postman today

[attachment=17728]

Going back to the standard airbox setup, removing the rubbish induction kit on it at the moment, as pictured below.

[attachment=17732]
Thanks given by:
seriously need to sort your pics out mate!...hurts my neck!

and I think you missed Jamies joke....sticky tyres...because its stuck on the ceiling...upside down! lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2014, 04:19 PM)Piggy Wrote: seriously need to sort your pics out mate!...hurts my neck!

and I think you missed Jamies joke....sticky tyres...because its stuck on the ceiling...upside down! lol

1st photo sorted out, I always take the photos on my phone landscape which is why the photos are never straight when I upload them to here, the problem is I cannot tell how the photos will turn out until I upload them into a post, then I can amend them. After about 4 go's the 2nd photo of the engine bay isnt playing ball when trying to rotate the photo to line up straight on the thread, everytime I rotate it it just stays the same way up on the thread, I give up with that one, not the main photo of the psot anyway.

Ah yes, haha, I get it now
Thanks given by:
You can use "preview post" to see what it will look like before you post it Smile ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2014, 04:44 PM)Piggy Wrote: You can use "preview post" to see what it will look like before you post it Smile ThumbsUp

Forgot about that! Cheers Piggy! Smile
Thanks given by:
Eventually some progress with this:

New rear pads and exhaust rubber mount fitted
Waterpump delivered to me today so will be getting fitted with a new cambelt kit I will purchase soon

Some photos anyway as everyone loves photos Smile

[attachment=20927]

Shiny Shiny

[attachment=20928]
Thanks given by:
Update

Dayco Cambelt kit on the way, should have this on the road by the end of Jan/February!
Thanks given by:
Holly shit the photo's are the right way round or did we all move to Australia lol

Good see it getting back on the road,mine should be out February aswell,can't wait Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Everyone lives in Australia now [Image: lol.gif] 

It seems to have sorted itself out aha
Cheers! Cannot wait for it to be on the road! It will take quite a chunk out of my wallet compared to the HDI, although that's only doing low 40's mpg at the moment, but it will be worth it Smile 

Thanks given by:
Another update

Conti timing belt kit has arrived which is a bonus as I only paid for the Dayco which was £33 cheaper!
Water pump and cambelt now waiting to be fitted soon
Painted the front and rear callipers with hammerite smooth red, a good sanding down and the calipers look great, a big improvement to the look of the car (last owner painted them in gold but faded quite badly) 
Also repainted front tow hook and went over some stone chips etc with the hammerite red and looks much better now.

A selection of images on the above topic:

[attachment=20997]
Thanks given by:
normality has been restored lol

Actually hurts my head to look at it.
Thanks given by:
Interesting pic rotation lol

Good job on the calipers! looks fresh Smile and you keep it under a cover? bit posh lol
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I would have tagged you in this if I could have aha!
But yes unfortunately so! Looks a lot better in real life though I promise Smile And its not upside down lol 

Cheers Matt! Need to keep her clean and away from muck Smile  Only cost £11 when I bought it for the HDI originally, but have used it for the Rallye since I got it last April!

Have loads more photos to add but it wont let me Sad 
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts cheap cherry rallye Matt-Rallye 15 7,002 02-01-2018, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Matts £200 Cherry Rallye shell rebuild & tidy up project. Xsara goodies landed! Matt-Rallye 70 32,522 07-03-2017, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Alee83's Cherry Red Rallye Alee83 230 80,790 30-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Alee83