Newbie here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie here
Hi all,

New on here so just thought I'd introduce myself and tell you all a little about my new wheels.

Picked up a 306 Meridian 2.0 HDi on Friday 25th April for £1100 with 57,500 miles on the clock with three previous owners. The car is on an X-plate, not sure if I got a bargain with the price I paid but it was one of those spontaneous spur of the moment decisions and I managed to knock the seller down from £1400 :-)

The car needs a few bits doing to it as I pretty much expected for the price. I'd been scouring for a months for a low mileage diesel after having a 1.4 LX on a W-plate for 15 months.

At the moment on the to do list is a major service, the car needs an O/S/F wheel bearing, a windscreen as the current one is scratched beyond repair, the drivers door needs taking to pieces sometime as the window motor goes up and down but the glass does not move with it, a few bits of bodywork to touch up here and there.... O/S/F wing has a bit of a rust scab where the wing meets the bumper and on last years advisory list was the N/S/R tyre getting down to the legal limit.

Hoping to get to know a few people on here for some help and advice :-)

Rob.
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum Hello
I would say considering the repair work that needs to be done,i think you paid slightly over the odds for it,but good luck in getting it sorted.
Thanks given by:
(28-04-2014, 12:26 PM)mcvite Wrote: Welcome to the forum Hello
I would say considering the repair work that needs to be done,i think you paid slightly over the odds for it,but good luck in getting it sorted.

Hello and thank you....

I think it was the low mileage that tempted me, I've never found another with such low mileage other than one on Auto Trader that had 42k miles but was a Cat-C needing a new N/S/R door for £895. I wanted one that needed a little bit of work to keep me occupied on my days off, it had the cambelt changed at 53k and the clutch is fine so they were two expenses I got away without having to pay.

I can't make my mind up whether to put the vinyl strips on the doors that I got for my old car on this car or to leave as is.
Thanks given by:
Welcome along Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
seems a good deal ThumbsUp

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(28-04-2014, 04:57 PM)puglove Wrote: seems a good deal ThumbsUp

Mechanically it all seems in good order, no blue smoke or any signs of turbo wear. Looking forward to getting it all in order ready for the summer :-)
Thanks given by:
Welcome
Thanks given by: