Noise when slowing down

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noise when slowing down
Hi all I know its not a 306 but its a 2.0 hdi engine. The wife's 206 sw has been making a strange noise lately. when you are slowing down there is like a whirring noise which disappears when you depress the clutch pedal.
It doesn't happen when driving only when slowing down and at lower revs.
Thanks given by:
Clutch release bearing possibly.
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2014, 12:27 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Clutch release bearing possibly.
I don't think it is as it doesn't do the noise when stationary where as a faulty clutch bearing would wouldn't it.
Thanks given by:
I bet its just the turbo whine you get when you let off the throttle and keep it in gear.
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Mine does this as well, I was only saying about this to my other half today, I haven't a clue what it is though
Thanks given by:
when was the last time the gearbox oil was changed? new oil is first thing i'd do with a whine in gear
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
(28-04-2014, 06:26 PM)Kwik Wrote: when was the last time the gearbox oil was changed? new oil is first thing i'd do with a whine in gear

Changed my gearbox oil today, and I can safely say it's still whining doh, I'm not to bothered about it as my citroen c1 does it as well, just not as loud as the pug
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2014, 01:19 PM)rd070707 Wrote: I bet its just the turbo whine you get when you let off the throttle and keep it in gear.

Lol turbo whine? Sounds a lot more like a knackered gearbox, or one that's rather low on oil.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
will always get a little transmission noise but new oil will hopefully get it to minimal levels
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2014, 06:13 AM)Kwik Wrote: will always get a little transmission noise but new oil will hopefully get it to minimal levels

Thats my plan but not had the time or the weather to get out and do it.
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2014, 06:03 AM)Poodle Wrote: Lol turbo whine? Sounds a lot more like a knackered gearbox, or one that's rather low on oil.

All my 2.0 hdi cars I have had have made the noise I am talking about, if you accelerate and quickly let of the throttle there is a whine or whistle.

Surely not every gearbox I had in 4 cars was bad?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah, but that isn't a whirring noise that stops when you press the clutch. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Have recently had this exact same problem! I found it hard to diagnose as stationary it would be silent! Essentially meaning the car had to be travelling to make the noise! After some trial and error I found the idlers were noisy also the auxiliary belt had become fairly perished! It's had life left in it but had seemed to start whipping around on overrun causing the idler to run a little dry etc! Giving me the horrible noise! Have replaced the belt now found the power steering pump is giving a similar noise when on full lock!
Thanks given by: