Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The end of the combustion engine as we know it?
(09-05-2014, 04:11 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: Nuclear waste is controllable you say....can I get a ChernobylFukushimaThreeMileIsland Tongue

I realise these are extreme examples, but that's the problem with nuclear, if it goes wrong the consequences are terrifying.

And I agree about the airborne/waterborne contaminants from burning fossil fuels, but they're no less manageable than nuclear waste with many aftertreatments proven to deal with most of the pollutants. Just playing devils advocate now tbh, beats revision.

Comparison of statistics deaths to obtain energy from fossil fuels shows that more people die per kWh of energy from fossil fuels. I do not have these to hand but have been shown them on several occasions and I'm sure they're out there with research.

On a similar note, if thousands of people die due to an industrial accident producing pesticide nobody suggests that production of pesticide should be halted such as the Bhopal disaster. If people die on oil rigs or drilling for gas nobody suggests we should stop using gas or driving cars. However, if a similar accident occurs producing nuclear power suddenly it is too dangerous?

Removing the media hype surrounding each method of energy production and looking at the facts nuclear power becomes a far more attractive option. The main reasons nuclear power is thought of poorly by the public are association with WMDs and huge amounts of press surrounding nuclear disasters compared to other industrial disasters and accidents.

Yeah I'm also procrastinating a little bit. lmao
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The end of the combustion engine as we know it? - by RetroPug - 09-05-2014, 04:22 PM