My weapon of choice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My weapon of choice
I have narrowed my list down to the following chariots...

http://bit.ly/1tFu16Z

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321386470031

And what piggy wants me to get this..

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...GB&alt=web

Comments and price guides would be appreciative, I have a price in mind Wink
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Woh woh woh...

Piggy thinks you should get this:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...GB&alt=web
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
why do people have to type in one completely illegible and unpunctuated block of text on ebay it makes everything difficult to read ffs and infact I cant even be arsed to read it so Ill just look at the pictures lol anyway must admit didn't realise you could these quite so cheaply for a 2006 one but both look good tbh
Thanks given by:
Yeah, that 2006 one I think is a bargain if he can knock him down to £2500
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
My boss has a 57 plate Focus and it's a nice car. It's not very exciting, but it's much more refined and quicker than my Pug (obviously!) and a very frugal family car IMO. His is the 2.0TDCi, I think a 1.6 would be a bit sluggish in something like this? Driving position is good and he hasn't had many issues with it to speak of.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Mondeo st would win this if it wasnt silver!

The 306 estate is nice, but you could get much newer car for the money. But newer doesnt always mean bettee.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Focus's are horrid to drive, handle ok but seating position is weird!
Thanks given by:
Mercedes 190E?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Not gonna look at links as on phone but mondeo st is win. Would be my first choice if I couldn't have a 306. That shape of focus isn't as good handling as the original as it lost the independent rear suspension.
Thanks given by:
Love the look of the mondeo ST's but just remember the economy is poor for a diesel in comparison to most similar cars on the road, I was seriously considering one until I spoke to a couple of friend them and then read online how poor they are.
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2014, 07:31 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: Love the look of the mondeo ST's but just remember the economy is poor for a diesel in comparison to most similar cars on the road, I was seriously considering one until I spoke to a couple of friend them and then read online how poor they are.

Have to agree, we had an 04 plate modeo 2.0 tdci was the 115bhp model and fuel economy was awful, like no better than low 40s even on a motorway run sat in cruise control.

in comparison the alfa 156 2.4 20valve has just avaerages 58.9 over 620 miles and is an all round more comfortable car to be in
Thanks given by:
(24-04-2014, 11:06 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Focus's are horrid to drive, handle ok but seating position is weird!

The Mk1 had this problem, not so much the later models. The MK1 feels very 'high up' whereas the MK2 has a more wrap-around dashboard and a better steering reach which didn't make it feel like a van.

Don't know why we're all trying to steer him towards some dodgey Cat C Mondeo though, that's a very, very bad idea unless you know the extent of the damage / what was repaired in finite detail...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
As above. Exactly the mpg both my mates saw - low 40's at a push.

I occasionally drive my in laws 10 plate focus & it gives me a headache. It's so weird, sits high and feels huge.
Thanks given by:
I must be the only person who hates low seating positions lol, always get the adjuster right up....I really liked the high Focus when I tested one! It turned out to be way over my budget though lol.

But as Chris said, I'd avoid a Cat C after seeing how much damage can be done to them! Confused
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2014, 07:50 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: Don't know why we're all trying to steer him towards some dodgey Cat C Mondeo though, that's a very, very bad idea unless you know the extent of the damage / what was repaired in finite detail...
Don't be daft Chris! It's had to have a VIC check to go back on the road so it can't be that bad. Far better than buying any other Car that could of had a smash the insurance weren't told about and was repaired on the cheap by some back street bodger.

IIRC Aimees Astor hasn't ever been an official write off but if you know what your looking for you can tell its had a massive front end shunt as its had a whole new chassis leg welded on and you don't know what sort of muppet has done the welding.
Thanks given by:
Just get a four door skyline and be done with it.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281317002651

[Image: %24_12.JPG]

£1350 with fresh ticket on.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Not sure what was wrong with all these mondeos, got friends with mk4s and 3s, both 2.0tdci 130variants, once we got fuel rail pressure sensor and egr sorted, both see over 50mpg all the time, which is good imo for a big car.

A friend also has the mondeo 2.2 ST tdci, gets 47/48average and 55 on a run. Another mate has one mapped to 185bhp and maooosive torque and gets even better mpgs!

Theres are plenty of those out there cheaper, under 2k and in performance blue, but mileage is higher, but so long as its got full service history and a clutch, flywheel changed at some point, it will be fine.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2014, 08:21 AM)silverzx Wrote: Just get a four door skyline and be done with it.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281317002651

£1350 with fresh ticket on.

This.
Thanks given by:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321386470031

"THIS CAR TURNS HEADS", lol really?

The drivel in the ad is anoying. I wouldn't take someone else's word for any of it so why bother writing all of that guff...

Assuming it has a 12,500 service interval, some of them look to have gone quite a bit over?
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2014, 08:14 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(25-04-2014, 07:50 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: Don't know why we're all trying to steer him towards some dodgey Cat C Mondeo though, that's a very, very bad idea unless you know the extent of the damage / what was repaired in finite detail...
Don't be daft Chris! It's had to have a VIC check to go back on the road so it can't be that bad. Far better than buying any other Car that could of had a smash the insurance weren't told about and was repaired on the cheap by some back street bodger.

IIRC Aimees Astor hasn't ever been an official write off but if you know what your looking for you can tell its had a massive front end shunt as its had a whole new chassis leg welded on and you don't know what sort of muppet has done the welding.

Yea but a Cat C will always make it difficult to sell on in future, you'll never know the true extent of the damage / what was done to get it back on the road etc. A VIC test is fine, but think of all the deathtraps which still get away with an MOT every year and are still on the road...It'd still put me off.

My GTi6 was a Cat D car and that was reflected in the price, but I had nothing but problems with it. Windscreen was ever-so slightly scratched up which bugged me, car bloody broke down on the way from buying it, turned out that it had sat with no oil in it after the accident had smashed a hole in the sump...It was sold to me on the premise that the only damage was the bumper / slam panel. Because it had no oil in while it was sat in the yard and driven to the auction block, the damage was done. Even though the garage (who don't have a great reputation as it is) put a new sump on her they didn't check the bottom end and it was the route of the problem.

So yea, I will go out on a limb and say that as a result of one very bad experience, I wouldn't buy another insurance write-off unless I new the car inside-out! Oh, and provided it was dirt cheap and I had no intention of selling it on again but running it into the ground...
Thanks given by:
a vic test doesnt prove that the car has being repaired to a good condtion, infact it doesnt even look at the reapairs as its a
Vehicle identity check

so all they are doing is ensuring the vin numbers match what they should be.
Thanks given by:
^ Exactly this.. and they charge you £40 for the privilege! although i imagine it's probably gone up since i last did it
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
A Cat C/D car can be VIC checked without repair.

As said, VIC check is what it stands for, Vehicle Identity Check, not road worthiness check.
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2014, 10:10 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: A Cat C/D car can be VIC checked without repair.

As said, VIC check is what it stands for, Vehicle Identity Check, not road worthiness check.

That's right. I bought a Frontera for £200 and found out when I tried to tax it that it needed a VIC check. Turned out it had been written off for a dent in one of the flared rear arches, which was still there, I just rattle-canned it as it was bare metal and I didn't want it rusting. Passed fine.
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2014, 10:10 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: A Cat C/D car can be VIC checked without repair.

As some one who works in insurance you should know better than that (but then again I have no confidence in flux as a company)

a cat D car does not need a vic test Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2014, 12:18 PM)swampy Wrote:

As some one who works in insurance you should know better than that (but then again I have no confidence in flux as a company)

a cat D car does not need a vic test Rolleyes

Sorry, been a long morning!

You're correct, only a Cat C does, regardless to that we're talking about the fact we wouldn't recommend buying a Cat C car, which was then objected with "if it's been VIC'd it's fine" - Not the case as has been discussed, you don't need to repair a car to have it VIC checked.

Regardless, this isnt related to my job Smile
Thanks given by:
Well Ive learnt something there, whdidnt realise the VIC test was that pointless! Confused

Does the car have to pass an MOT or similar before going back on the road as well then? Often read on ebay that a crashed car will need 'such and such' for the VIC test which isn't right then. Confused
Thanks given by:
You obviously can't take a Cat C car that has a door missing & 3 wheels in for a VIC, common sense comes into play, but the jist of a VIC check is to ascertain if the car you are presenting, matches the documents etc.

If a car is Cat C'd, it will have to have an MOT and a VIC check before being allowed back on the road.
Thanks given by:
Ah ok, makes sense!
Thanks given by:
the vic test was introduced to cut down the number of cut and shuts on the road and cut back on rebranding a stolen car with the identity of one that has being smashed up.

most cars have identifying markers in varying places these days to cut down on this.

for example most lamborghini also have the vin number stamped on the bulk had inside the car above the pedal box.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  wheel colour choice? impotentials 6 1,216 30-06-2015, 09:47 PM
Last Post: impotentials
  Wheels and tyres choice bashbarnard 0 686 01-02-2015, 06:25 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Good choice.. Dicky 14 3,674 06-04-2014, 05:03 PM
Last Post: WiNgNuTz