Cheap phase 1 and trying to make the most of it

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap phase 1 and trying to make the most of it
(28-08-2014, 10:41 PM)daniel909 Wrote: Also had Ida pin ground by mr lobb while he was on the phone to Ruan :/ grinder in one hand pin in the other. Talk about precision engineering Smile
I get like that at work sometimes but.the grinder slipped yesterday on me and caught my hand Sad
Im glad to see the progress on this. Looks good. Any diffrent turbo plans??
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Was lookin at getting a td04 but funds are now tight so the next thing on my list is a new clutch don't really now what to go for !!!!

I slipped with a grinder befor cutting pipe and holding it with my foot just put a nice slice in my shoe lol
Thanks given by:
Finally got round to doing my clutch tonight as my car was pretty much in drivable
First clutch I have done on a DT what a twat lining up the release bearing with the clutch fork but other than that it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.
Thanks given by:
Few pics or doing the clutch [attachment=19022]

[attachment=19023]

[attachment=19024]

[attachment=19025]
Thanks given by:
looks like a difrent car from the one you picked up Smile
Thanks given by:
After splitting my radiator the other day my car if finally back again thanks to James for the rad and frosty mark and Darren for sorting it out and delivering
PIC of the first break down when it split

[attachment=19060]

Gave her a wash and a clean while she was off the road
[attachment=19061]
Thanks given by:
Its looking good mate. You really need to get a badge for the grill though! Some side skirts would finish it off nicely as well
Thanks given by:
Looking good. Some progress on this yoke. Keep her lit lad Smile
Thanks given by:
Smart when its all clean...does want a nice badge on her and ph1 gti skirts with the lower half black! ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Looks good this, not sure how i've missed it up till now though!? lol

Nice save tbh, good that you've got Darren so close to you to help out! Smile
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-09-2014, 08:22 PM)Frosty Wrote: Its looking good mate. You really need to get a badge for the grill though! Some side skirts would finish it off nicely as well

was looking at getting a de badge grill what ur thoughts
yeah looking at getting some side skirts

(15-09-2014, 09:26 PM)Piggy Wrote: Smart when its all clean...does want a nice badge on her and ph1 gti skirts with the lower half black! ThumbsUp
does not look good very often then Wink as Cornish are shit Smile
Thanks given by:
I would say get a badge. I think they look better with the badge rather than a de badged grill. I may have a badge if you are after 1?
Thanks given by:
well if u got one then yeah ok mate pm me
Thanks given by:
(15-09-2014, 06:10 PM)daniel909 Wrote: After splitting my radiator the other day my car if finally back again thanks to James for the rad and frosty mark and Darren for sorting it out and delivering

Group effort to keep the DT on the road. Good to see its back working again.
Thanks given by:
(15-09-2014, 06:10 PM)daniel909 Wrote: After splitting my radiator the other day my car if finally back again thanks to James for the rad and frosty mark and Darren for sorting it out and delivering

Group effort to keep the DT on the road. Big Grin . Good to see its back working again.
Thanks given by:
Well next job is to adjust my wastegate a bit more

What does everyone think the car will look like on 205 gti alloys and what colour will look best
Thanks given by:
Should look epic.on white speedlines, my mate had some on his cherry DT looked really good tbh.
Good work with the car mate ph1s are dying out slowly Wink
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I was thinking white are they 15 or. 16 inch
I got some white cyclones good condishion if any one would like to swap them
Thanks given by:
(16-09-2014, 07:30 PM)daniel909 Wrote: I was thinking white are they 15 or. 16 inch
I got some white cyclones good condishion if any one would like to swap them

Mate at work has got a set of speedlines Rhys. I'll ask him how much he wants for them if you want.
Thanks given by:
I will swap for my white clones
Thanks given by:
Well f*cking head gasket went to night now thinking do is sell it scrap it can't really be asked with it now what to do hmmm
Thanks given by:
Don't give up mate. Be a shame after all the hard work you put into it!
Thanks given by:
let me guess, changed to 3rd brought it on boost and *bing* coolant light on?

Sucks mate, though if its taxed and tested for a while yet, you ought to keep at it.
Thanks given by:
Small update I have been busy re building my landy so haven't touch my car since the head gasket went.
To today I finally got round to taking the head off to find that the gasket was f*cked taking the head to college tomorrow for a skim
Is there any other parts I should replace while it all stripped

Got head bolts
Head gaskets the way
Exhaust and inlet gasket
Cam cover gasket

[attachment=19509]

[attachment=19510]
Thanks given by:
New belt be a good idea. Water pump too if you can afford it!!

Oh and a bigger turbo Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Would like a bigger turbo but I am thinking of selling and putting my landy back on the road now that pretty much finished

Just stripped the head down can split my hand on the spring compressor [attachment=19528]

[attachment=19529]

[attachment=19530]
Head needs a bit more cleaning
Thanks given by:
Good progress mate. With all this work I think you should keep it. I would say get a head set so you got all the gasket and seals you need.

Depending how keen you want to be get the valves grounded in and valve clearances checked
Thanks given by:
Was thinking about putting new valve seals in what are they like to change
Thanks given by:
Setting up ready for a skim
[attachment=19592]
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2014, 06:53 PM)daniel909 Wrote: Was thinking about putting new valve seals in what are they like to change

There pretty easy. Decent set of pliers to get them off then tap the new 1s on with a socket
Thanks given by: