Ecu Change

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ecu Change
Hi there

Just a quick question does anyone know if I can fit a remapped ECU from one car to the other without any probs as both cars have the same apart from one having the remap.

Rix
Thanks given by:
What age is the car?

On Phase 3's you'll need to swap the matching BSI and keyfob over as well as the ECU and BSI are paired together.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Both are phase 3 one is a W reg and the other is a Y reg.

Where is the BSi unit?

Cheers for the reply Smile
Thanks given by:
It's at the bottom of the center console, just below and back from the clock, hazard switches etc. Black plastic box about 3x4" or so.

You'll need to remove the lower center console (bit around the gear lever) and then there's three torx screws securing the BSI to the center console plastic/body. Remove them, unplug the wiring and then sort of wiggle it out of the hole just behind it and downwards into the footwell.

Are both cars three plug ECU's as I think W reg was around the changeover point from single to three plug ECU's?
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(22-04-2014, 01:51 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: It's at the bottom of the center console, just below and back from the clock, hazard switches etc. Black plastic box about 3x4" or so.

You'll need to remove the lower center console (bit around the gear lever) and then there's three torx screws securing the BSI to the center console plastic/body. Remove them, unplug the wiring and then sort of wiggle it out of the hole just behind it and downwards into the footwell.

Are both cars three plug ECU's as I think W reg was around the changeover point from single to three plug ECU's?

Oh.Ill have to check that today. And also thanks for the help. ThumbsUp
Thanks given by: