Slight problem (help with brake lights)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slight problem (help with brake lights)
Removed the dash on my gti 6 track car to get at some sound deadening the other day now the brake lights are stuck on -.-

Didn't notice till all the dash was back together.... any ideas maybe brake light switch behind the steering wheel?

One other thing we did do in the mean time, was remove all abs sensors and the module, but i can't see that effecting the brake light?
Thanks given by:
sounds like that switch, bit of a pig to get to as you know . . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Yeah dash out again I suppose -.-

Only thing I was thinking though why would it be stuck on surely if it was broke they wouldn't come on at all? unless I could have put it back up side down? Blush
Thanks given by:
It maybe the brake light switch not im properly. I cant remember which way the switch work as in the lights are on or off when the switch has pressure on
Thanks given by:
If the switch isn't touching the pedal then the lights will be constantly on had this with mine the other day

Easiest way I found was just undo the 4 bolts holding the steering column so that it drops and you should be able to get behind and push the switch forward until it hits the pedal
Thanks given by:
Cheers guy's Smile

Really ceases to amaze me the amount of knowledge on the forum Big Grin reppp

Will try to sort it tomorrow Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I got pulled over for my lights being constantly on.
Theres a little collar that the switch sits in and mine had split meaning the switch was always on.
Pretty easy fix and cheaper than a new switch
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No brake lights Beb 2 1,471 01-06-2018, 05:23 PM
Last Post: cully
Big Grin Brake lights not working .. L16rye 2 1,092 15-11-2016, 06:34 PM
Last Post: madmadmax
  Instrument lights, dash lights not working boggs 3 2,454 26-01-2016, 09:34 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo