Temporary car insurance and being pulled over

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temporary car insurance and being pulled over
I wouldn't have thought buying a days worth of cover would update the MID as that seems to take a day or so in itself?

I'm assuming then that if a police car detects what appears to be an uninsured car, and pull it over, is the certificate of temporary insurance enough to satisfy them?

Cheers
Thanks given by:
No, police officers will very rarely take a printed certificate as proof as they are too easy to adapt in photoshop or people buy insurance for a year, then cancel it the next day and get all the money back but keep the paperwork.

They will generally call the MIB if its not shown on PNC and the MIB contact the insurance company. Outside of office hours (8am-about 10pm) the officer will probably look for other proof and indicators (having your online banking on your phone so it shows the payment has left is usually really good). But having everything else all in order is a good start and knowing how much you paid and with who looks good.

I'm pretty sure the computer is updated within hours or even minutes these days.
Thanks given by:
MIB? Men in black?
Thanks given by:
Motor Insurance Bureau

for sake of around £20-£30 its not worth risking especially in a car you have no previous experience or known condition
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(20-04-2014, 05:40 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: Motor Insurance Bureau

for sake of around £20-£30 its not worth risking especially in a car you have no previous experience or known condition

^^^^ this it only.cost me £20 for 3 days cover on my vento not worth the risk tbh

Thanks given by:
Think he is saying he's buying insurance and if he gets pulled over as it's not popped up on the insurance database how does he prove it's insured?
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Danny's right, can't see where in my original post that I suggested I wouldnt be buying it :S ?

(18-04-2014, 01:09 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: No, police officers will very rarely take a printed certificate as proof as they are too easy to adapt in photoshop or people buy insurance for a year, then cancel it the next day and get all the money back but keep the paperwork.

They will generally call the MIB if its not shown on PNC and the MIB contact the insurance company. Outside of office hours (8am-about 10pm) the officer will probably look for other proof and indicators (having your online banking on your phone so it shows the payment has left is usually really good). But having everything else all in order is a good start and knowing how much you paid and with who looks good.

I'm pretty sure the computer is updated within hours or even minutes these days.

Thanks Smile ill just screen print everything I can from the details, quotation and purchase lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Temporary car insurance strictly_perv 9 3,449 18-10-2013, 08:14 AM
Last Post: busby330
  First time being pulled over... Carlos182 39 10,851 03-05-2013, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Steve922
  pulled lol Rix13 38 6,632 20-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Last Post: procta